- Goochland County Rosenwald Schools Oral History Project, 2013-2015
- Plan for Distribution of Aid for Building Rural Schoolhouses, Year Beginning July 1, 1923 and Ending June 30, 1924
- Contributor to Resource:
- Daugherity, Brian J., 1972-
Miller, Alyce P.
James Branch Cabell Library, Special Collections and Archives
- Date of Original:
- School buildings--Southern States--Finance
Community and school--Planning
African American schools--Southern States--History
Julius Rosenwald Fund--Buildings
- United States, Southern States, 33.346678, -84.119434
- documents (object genre)
- Outlines the conditions by which the Julius Rosenwald Fund awarded aid to communities in the Southern States for the construction of schools for African Americans. It also describes the role in the construction of the school that the community undertook upon acceptance of aid.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- In Copyright
This material is protected by copyright, and the copyright is held by Brian J. Daugherity, Alyce Miller, and Christopher Silvent. You are permitted to use this material in any way that is permitted by copyright. In addition, this material is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 4.0 International license (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/). Acknowledgment of Virginia Commonwealth University Libraries as a source is required.
- Original Collection:
- Original item: Plan for Distribution of Aid for Building Rural Schoolhouses, Year Beginning July 1, 1923 and Ending June 30, 1924, Goochland County Rosenwald Schools Oral History Project, 2013-2015, M 501, Special Collections and Archives, James Branch Cabell Library, Virginia Commonwealth University.
Goochland County Rosenwald Schools Oral History Project, 2013-2015
- Contributing Institution:
- James Branch Cabell Library. Special Collections and Archives