- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- Letter to Gazette; July 10, 1964
- Ellin, Joseph
- Date of Original:
- African Americans
Civil rights movement
Mississippi Freedom Project
Mississippi Freedom Schools
- United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
- documents (object genre)
- From the Ellin (Joseph and Nancy) Freedom Summer Collection; Transcribed copy of a letter from Joseph Ellin to the Gazette, dated July 10, 1964. Discusses freedom schools, freedom school students, volunteers, and education. Ellin also discusses the discrimination against African Americans in Mississippi with regard to voting and judicial procedures.
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute for Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M323 Ellin (Joseph and Nancy) Freedom Summer Collection
Box 1, Folder 2
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries