- Heroes of the Civil Rights Movement
- Mentha L. Johnson
- Montgomery County (Ala.). Sheriff's Dept.
- Date of Original:
- African American civil rights workers--Alabama--Montgomery
Civil rights movements--Alabama--Montgomery
Segregation in transportation--Alabama--Montgomery
Montgomery Bus Boycott, Montgomery, Ala., 1955-1956
Civil rights demonstrations--Alabama--Montgomery
Women social reformers--Alabama--Montgomery
African American women--Alabama--Montgomery
- Johnson, Mentha L.
- United States, Alabama, Montgomery County, 32.22026, -86.20761
United States, Alabama, Montgomery County, Montgomery, 32.36681, -86.29997
- identification photographs
- Mug shot of Mentha L. Johnson taken after her arrest on February 21, 1956 for her role in the Montgomery Bus Boycott. Johnson's arrest number is 7054.
The Civil Rights Digital Library received support from a National Leadership Grant for Libraries awarded to the University of Georgia by the Institute of Museum and Library Services for the aggregation and enhancement of partner metadata.
- Metadata URL:
- Original Collection:
- Montgomery County Sheriff's Office Record Group, Montgomery County Archives, Courthouse Annex III, Montgomery, Alabama
- Contributing Institution:
- Montgomery County (Ala.). Archives