Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Alabama Media Group Collection
- Rest stop during a march in Philadelphia, Mississippi, held in memory of three civil rights workers who had been murdered the year before.
- Metz, George
- Montgomery, Ala. : Alabama. Department of Archives and History
- Date of Original:
- African Americans--Civil rights
Civil rights demonstrations
- United States, Alabama, 32.75041, -86.75026
- negatives (photographs)
- A medical professional is treating the feet of one of the marchers. The three victims, Michael Schwerner, James Chaney, and Andrew Goodman, were killed by Klansmen on June 21, 1964. The federal investigation into their deaths was code-named "Mississippi Burning."
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright, Alabama Department of Archives and History. Donated by the Alabama Media Group, http://www.alabamamediagroup.com
- Original Collection:
- Birmingham News
Alabama Media Group
Alabama Media Group Collection
- Contributing Institution:
- Alabama. Department of Archives and History