Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Alabama Photographs and Pictures Collection
- African Americans holdings signs to protest George Wallace in Gary, Indiana.
- Gary Post-Tribune Photo
- Alabama Department of Archives and History, 624 Washington Avenue, Montgomery, Alabama 36130
- Date of Original:
- African Americans--Civil rights
- Wallace, George C. (George Corley), 1919-1998
- United States, Alabama, 32.75041, -86.75026
- The signs read, "Wallace Against Civil Rights," "Wallace Not Welcome Here," "Wallace Is a Segregationist," and "We Are Integrationists." Wallace may have been in Indiana while campaigning for the Democratic presidential nomination.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- This material may be protected under U. S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S. Code) which governs the making of photocopies or reproductions of copyrighted materials. You may use the digitized material for private study, scholarship, or research. Though ADAH has physical ownership of the material in its collections, in some cases we may not own the copyright to the material. It is the patron's obligation to determine and satisfy copyright restrictions when publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in our collections.
- Original Collection:
- Wallace, George C.
George C. Wallace collection
LPR124, Box 145
- Contributing Institution:
- Alabama. Department of Archives and History