Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Indianapolis recorder
- Collecting Autographs from the Attucks Basketball Team
- Clark, Leonard T.
- Date of Original:
- Basketball teams--Indiana--Indianapolis
African American basketball players--Indiana--Indianapolis
African American high school students--Indiana--Indianapolis
African American girls--Indiana--Indianapolis
Autographs--Collectors and collecting--Indiana--Indianapolis
Crispus Attucks High School (Indianapolis, Ind.)
- United States, Indiana, Marion County, Indianapolis, 39.76838, -86.15804
- black-and-white photographs
- In what sportswriter Bob Collins called "the most dramatic and exciting" game in the tourney; Attucks beat Anderson 81-80 on Bailey "Flap" Robertson's buzzer-beating shot. The team was eliminated in the semifinal. Bob Jewell received the Arthur Trester Award for the tournament. The 1951 team established a winning tradition that made the players popular figures in the school and community. In this picture Beverley Bridges has her autograph book signed by Albert Maxey, Stanford Patton, and Bill Brown.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Original Collection:
- Indianapolis Recorder Collection, P 0303, Indiana Historical Society
- Contributing Institution:
- Indiana Historical Society