Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Indianapolis recorder
- Portrait of Rev. Mozel Sanders
- Date of Original:
African American clergy--Indiana--Indianapolis
- Sanders, Mozel, 1924-1988
- United States, Indiana, Marion County, Indianapolis, 39.76838, -86.15804
- black-and-white photographs
- Born in East St. Louis, Ill., Sanders became a minister in Cleveland, Ohio in 1943 and toured the country as a vocalist and preacher. In 1959 Rev. Sanders became minister at Mt. Vernon Missionary Baptist Church in Indianapolis. He remained there until his death. Sanders was a civic leader and radio host. In 1974 he began the tradition of providing Thanksgiving dinner to the needy in Indianapolis. Sanders died in 1988.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Original Collection:
- Indianapolis Recorder
- Contributing Institution:
- Indiana Historical Society