Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Indianapolis recorder
- First Black State Trooper is Honored
- Indianapolis recorder (Firm)
- Date of Original:
- African American police--Indiana--Indianapolis
People with disabilities--Indiana--Indianapolis
- United States, Indiana, Marion County, Indianapolis, 39.76838, -86.15804
- black-and-white photographs
- Trooper James Sears was honored for being the first black Indiana State Trooper. He is shown on the right, holding a plaque and shaking hands with Andrew "Bo" Foster. Standing on the left is the second black Indiana State Trooper, Rubin Hill.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Original Collection:
- Indianapolis Recorder Collection, P 0303, Indiana Historical Society
- Contributing Institution:
- Indiana Historical Society