Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Columbia River Basin Ethnic History Project
- Crosses Burned in Negro's Yard, October 3, 1962
- Date of Original:
- African Americans--Oregon--Portland
Portland (Or.)--Race relations--History--20th century
- United States, Oregon, Multnomah County, Portland, 45.52345, -122.67621
United States, Oregon, Portland, Irvington
- The article reports an incident involving cross burnings on the lawn of an African American home in the Irvington district of Portland, Oregon. The vandalism occurred in a predominately white neighborhood.
The Civil Rights Digital Library received support from a National Leadership Grant for Libraries awarded to the University of Georgia by the Institute of Museum and Library Services for the aggregation and enhancement of partner metadata.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Rights Holder:
- Oregon Historical Society, Photographic Services 1200 SW Park Avenue, Portland, OR 97205; PHOTOORDERS@OHS.ORG; phone number 503-306-5250; FAX 503-492-6001.
- Additional Rights Information:
- Please contact holding institution for information regarding use and copyright status.
- Original Collection:
- Stella Maris House Collection
- Contributing Institution:
- Oregon Historical Society