Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Columbia River Basin Ethnic History Project
- A brief assessment of housing and environmental conditions, January 1960
- Date of Original:
- African Americans--Oregon--Portland
African American neighborhoods--Oregon--Portland
- United States, Oregon, Multnomah County, Portland, 45.52345, -122.67621
United States, Oregon, Multnomah County, Portland, Albina District
- The census provides statistical information on housing conditions for tracts 22 and 23, an area between Morris and Broadway and Union and Williams that contains a large portion of the African American population in Portland, Oregon. The report provides an assessment on traffic, community facilities, and the possibilities of urban renewal. A map of the census area is also provided. The information in the text is adapted from the 1950 Federal Housing Census.
The Civil Rights Digital Library received support from a National Leadership Grant for Libraries awarded to the University of Georgia by the Institute of Museum and Library Services for the aggregation and enhancement of partner metadata.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Rights Holder:
- Oregon Historical Society, Photographic Services 1200 SW Park Avenue, Portland, OR 97205; PHOTOORDERS@OHS.ORG; phone number 503-306-5250; FAX 503-492-6001.
- Additional Rights Information:
- Please contact holding institution for information regarding use and copyright status.
- Original Collection:
- Stella Maris House Collection, Oregon Historical Society, Portland, Oregon.
- Contributing Institution:
- Oregon Historical Society