Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Columbia River Basin Ethnic History Project
- Citizens League for Equal Opportunity background and purpose statement, October 7 1963
- Date of Original:
- African Americans--Oregon--Portland
African American neighborhoods--Oregon--Portland
Portland (Or.)--Race relations--History--20th century
Discrimination in housing--Oregon--Portland
Citizens League for Equal Opportunity
Housing Authority of Portland (Or.)
- United States, Oregon, Multnomah County, Portland, 45.52345, -122.67621
United States, Oregon, Multnomah County, Portland, Albina District
- Statement from Citizen's League for Equal Opportunity concerning the inaction and insensitivity of the Housing Authority of Portland (HAP) regarding the African American population in the Albina district of Portland, Oregon. The statement outlines several points that suggest racial discrimination within the HAP.
The Civil Rights Digital Library received support from a National Leadership Grant for Libraries awarded to the University of Georgia by the Institute of Museum and Library Services for the aggregation and enhancement of partner metadata.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Rights Holder:
- Oregon Historical Society, Photographic Services 1200 SW Park Avenue, Portland, OR 97205; PHOTOORDERS@OHS.ORG; phone number 503-306-5250; FAX 503-492-6001.
- Additional Rights Information:
- Please contact holding institution for information regarding use and copyright status.
- Original Collection:
- Stella Maris House Collection, Oregon Historical Society, Portland, Oregon.
- Contributing Institution:
- Oregon Historical Society