Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Columbia River Basin Ethnic History Project
- Discrimination complaint filed with the Commissioner of the Bureau of Labor of the State of Oregon (Order), June 8, 1960
- Date of Original:
- Discrimination in housing--Oregon
Discrimination in housing--Law and legislation
- Wiley, Pathina
Wiley, Rowan M.
- United States, Oregon, Salem
- An order handed down by Norman O. Nilsen, Commissioner of Labor, in a housing discrimination case filed by an African American couple, Mrs. Pathina Wiley and Mr. Rowan M. Wiley. The original complaint was filed against Curt-Craft, Brice Mortgage, Home Master Sales, Roach Homes, and Retirement Incorporated, Oregon real estate corporations that refused to sell land to the Wiley's based on their race. The commissioner finds the Curt-Craft and Home Master Sales corporations guilty of practicing housing discrimination. The document orders the two corporations to sell available property to the Wiley's.
The Civil Rights Digital Library received support from a National Leadership Grant for Libraries awarded to the University of Georgia by the Institute of Museum and Library Services for the aggregation and enhancement of partner metadata.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Rights Holder:
- Oregon Historical Society, Photographic Services 1200 SW Park Avenue, Portland, OR 97205; PHOTOORDERS@OHS.ORG; phone number 503-306-5250; FAX 503-492-6001.
- Original Collection:
- Stella Maris House Collection, Mss 1585 Box 1 #28, Oregon Historical Society
- Contributing Institution:
- Washington State University. Vancouver Information Services