Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Columbia River Basin Ethnic History Project
- Discrimination complaint filed with the Commissioner of the Bureau of Labor of the State of Oregon (Finding of Facts), April 29, 1960
- Date of Original:
- African Americans--Oregon--Portland
African Americans--Civil rights--Oregon--Portland
Discrimination in housing--Oregon--Portland
Oregon Bureau of Labor and Industries
- United States, Oregon, Multnomah County, Portland, 45.52345, -122.67621
- The discrimination complaint petitioned by Mark A. Smith, Administrator of the Civil Rights Division of the Oregon Bureau of Labor, is against several Oregon corporations including Curt-Craft, Brice Mortgage, Home Master Sales, Roach Homes, and Retirement Incorporated. An African American couple, Mrs. Pathina Wiley and Mr. Rowan M. Wiley, filed the complaint on charges of housing discrimination. Each real estate company refused to sell plots of land to the complainants. The legal brief finds that some of the corporations listed in the petition are guilty of refusing to sell property to the African American couple.
The Civil Rights Digital Library received support from a National Leadership Grant for Libraries awarded to the University of Georgia by the Institute of Museum and Library Services for the aggregation and enhancement of partner metadata.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Rights Holder:
- Oregon Historical Society, Photographic Services 1200 SW Park Avenue, Portland, OR 97205; PHOTOORDERS@OHS.ORG; phone number 503-306-5250; FAX 503-492-6001.
- Additional Rights Information:
- Please contact holding institution for information regarding use and copyright status.
- Original Collection:
- Stella Maris House Collection
- Contributing Institution:
- Oregon Historical Society