Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Columbia River Basin Ethnic History Project
- Discrimination complaint filed with the Commissioner of the Bureau of Labor of the State of Oregon (Petition for Cease and Desist Order), 1959
- Smith, Mark A.
- Date of Original:
- African Americans--Oregon--Portland
African Americans--Civil rights--Oregon--Portland
Discrimination in housing--Oregon--Portland
Oregon Bureau of Labor and Industries
- United States, Oregon, Multnomah County, Portland, 45.52345, -122.67621
- Discrimination complaint petitioned by Mark A. Smith, Administrator of the Civil Rights Division of the Oregon Bureau of Labor, on behalf of Mrs. Parthina Wiley and Mr. Rowan M. Wiley, a Portland African American couple. The petition for the cease and desist order is against five Oregon real estate sales corporations (Curt-Craft, Brice Mortgage, Home Master Sales, Roach Homes, and Retirement Incorporated) that are accused of housing discrimination.
The Civil Rights Digital Library received support from a National Leadership Grant for Libraries awarded to the University of Georgia by the Institute of Museum and Library Services for the aggregation and enhancement of partner metadata.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Rights Holder:
- Oregon Historical Society, Photographic Services 1200 SW Park Avenue, Portland, OR 97205; PHOTOORDERS@OHS.ORG; phone number 503-306-5250; FAX 503-492-6001.
- Additional Rights Information:
- Please contact holding institution for information regarding use and copyright status.
- Original Collection:
- Stella Maris House Collection
- Contributing Institution:
- Oregon Historical Society