Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Columbia River Basin Ethnic History Project
- Children swim in an integrated pool
- Date of Original:
- African Americans--Oregon--Portland
Portland (Or.)--Race relations--History--20th century
Pier Park (Portland, Or.)
- United States, Oregon, Multnomah County, Portland, 45.52345, -122.67621
- A scene from a public recreation program involving interracial swimming at Pier Park, operated by the Portland City Park Bureau. African American children appear to the right side of the poor. All public recreation programs became integrated. An Urban League photo.
The Civil Rights Digital Library received support from a National Leadership Grant for Libraries awarded to the University of Georgia by the Institute of Museum and Library Services for the aggregation and enhancement of partner metadata.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Rights Holder:
- Oregon Historical Society, Photographic Services 1200 SW Park Avenue, Portland, OR 97205; PHOTOORDERS@OHS.ORG; phone number 503-306-5250; FAX 503-492-6001.
- Additional Rights Information:
- Please contact holding institution for information regarding use and copyright status.
- Original Collection:
- File 113-A, Oregon Historical Society, Portland, Oregon.
- Contributing Institution:
- Oregon Historical Society