Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Columbia River Basin Ethnic History Project
- Interracial gathering for Black Enterprise Week, January 24, 1969
- Date of Original:
- African Americans--Oregon--Portland
Portland (Or.)--Race relations--History--20th century
Dinners and dining--Oregon--Portland
- United States, Oregon, Multnomah County, Portland, 45.52345, -122.67621
- A soul food banquet held at the Sheraton Hotel. Approximately 400 guests from various ethnic backgrounds gather to hear words by Rev. Wendell Wallace on the first Black Enterprise Week, black pride, and black power.
The Civil Rights Digital Library received support from a National Leadership Grant for Libraries awarded to the University of Georgia by the Institute of Museum and Library Services for the aggregation and enhancement of partner metadata.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Rights Holder:
- Oregon Historical Society, Photographic Services 1200 SW Park Avenue, Portland, OR 97205; PHOTOORDERS@OHS.ORG; phone number 503-306-5250; FAX 503-492-6001.
- Additional Rights Information:
- Please contact holding institution for information regarding use and copyright status.
- Original Collection:
- File 113-A
- Contributing Institution:
- Oregon Historical Society