Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Columbia River Basin Ethnic History Project
- Invitation for a Grand Emancipation Celebration in Portland, 1869
- Date of Original:
- African Americans--Oregon--Portland
- United States, Oregon, Multnomah County, Portland, 45.52345, -122.67621
- Photograph copy of an invitation announcing the celebration of the African American people of Oregon in honor of the Sixth anniversary of the emancipation. The festivities announced include an oration by Rev. Bishop Ward, poetry and music. The announcement invites the public.
The Civil Rights Digital Library received support from a National Leadership Grant for Libraries awarded to the University of Georgia by the Institute of Museum and Library Services for the aggregation and enhancement of partner metadata.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Rights Holder:
- Oregon Historical Society, Photographic Services 1200 SW Park Avenue, Portland, OR 97205; PHOTOORDERS@OHS.ORG; phone number 503-306-5250; FAX 503-492-6001.
- Additional Rights Information:
- Please contact holding institution for information regarding use and copyright status.
- Original Collection:
- File 113-A
- Contributing Institution:
- Oregon Historical Society