Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Columbia River Basin Ethnic History Project
- First African American girl scout, March 1947
- Date of Original:
- African Americans--Oregon--Portland
African American girls--Oregon--Portland
Portland (Or.)--Race relations--History--20th century
Girl Scouts of the United States of America
- Givens, Glady
- United States, Oregon, Multnomah County, Portland, 45.52345, -122.67621
- Glady Givens, the first African American girl scout. From left to right: Glady Givens, Troop 203, Vanport; Mrs. J.D. Donis, Troop 89 Leader; Beryl Lee, Troop 5, Holt Chinese Presbyterian Mission; Pat Landbury, Troop 59, marine ship "Yankee Clipper". An Urban League photo.
The Civil Rights Digital Library received support from a National Leadership Grant for Libraries awarded to the University of Georgia by the Institute of Museum and Library Services for the aggregation and enhancement of partner metadata.
- Local Identifier:
- File 113-A
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Contributing Institution:
- Oregon Historical Society