Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Columbia River Basin Ethnic History Project
- First African American High School president in Portland, 1949
- Date of Original:
- African American high school students--Oregon--Portland
Portland (Or.)--Race relations--History--20th century
- Cook, Caley
- United States, Oregon, Multnomah County, Portland, 45.52345, -122.67621
- Caley Cook, the first African American student body president in the Portland Schools. Cook presided over the student affairs of Jefferson High School. An Urban League photo.
The Civil Rights Digital Library received support from a National Leadership Grant for Libraries awarded to the University of Georgia by the Institute of Museum and Library Services for the aggregation and enhancement of partner metadata.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Rights Holder:
- Oregon Historical Society, Photographic Services 1200 SW Park Avenue, Portland, OR 97205; PHOTOORDERS@OHS.ORG; phone number 503-306-5250; FAX 503-492-6001.
- Additional Rights Information:
- Please contact holding institution for information regarding use and copyright status.
- Original Collection:
- File 113-A
- Contributing Institution:
- Oregon Historical Society