- Wisconsin Historical Images
- Milwaukee Public School Board walk out
- Contributor to Resource:
- Milwaukee Star
- Date of Original:
- Civil rights movements--Wisconsin--Milwaukee
African American civil rights workers--Wisconsin--Milwaukee
Civil rights workers--Wisconsin--Milwaukee
National Association for the Advancement of Colored People
Segregation in education--Wisconsin--Milwaukee
- Barbee, Lloyd A., 1925-2002
Story, Harold W.
- United States, Wisconsin, Milwaukee County, Milwaukee, 43.0389, -87.90647
- black-and-white photographs
- Lloyd Barbee, NAACP state president, walking out of a Milwaukee Public School Board meeting when Chairman Harold W. Story refused to allow the participation of other education representatives of civil rights groups.
The Civil Rights Digital Library received support from a National Leadership Grant for Libraries awarded to the University of Georgia by the Institute of Museum and Library Services for the aggregation and enhancement of partner metadata.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Please contact holding institution for information regarding use and copyright status.
- Original Collection:
- Lloyd Barbee papers, Wisconsin Historical Society, Madison, Wisconsin
- Contributing Institution:
- Wisconsin Historical Society