- Wisconsin Historical Images
- Walking is a crime in Alabama
- Date of Original:
- Civil rights movements--Alabama
Signs and signboards--Alabama
Alabama--Race relations--History--20th century
- United States, Alabama, 32.75041, -86.75026
- Poster showing a priest behind bars above the text "Walking Is A Crime In Alabama!". Other text reads "Demand Federal Protection of Civil Rights". The poster was issued by Florence Fair Employment Practices Committee.
The Civil Rights Digital Library received support from a National Leadership Grant for Libraries awarded to the University of Georgia by the Institute of Museum and Library Services for the aggregation and enhancement of partner metadata.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Please contact holding institution for information regarding use and copyright status.
- Original Collection:
- Social action poster collection, Wisconsin Historical Society, Madison, Wisconsin
- Contributing Institution:
- Wisconsin Historical Society