- Wisconsin Historical Images
- Sit-in at lunch counter
- Blackwell, Fred
- Date of Original:
- African Americans--Civil rights
Civil rights movements--Mississippi--Jackson
Jackson (Miss.)--Race relations--History--20th century
Civil rights demonstrations--Mississippi--Jackson
Discrimination in restaurants--Mississippi--Jackson
African American civil rights workers--Mississippi--Jackson
Civil rights workers--Mississippi--Jackson
F.W. Woolworth Company
- Salter, John R.
Mulholland, Joan Trumpauer, 1941-
Moody, Anne, 1940-2015
- United States, Mississippi, Hinds County, Jackson, 32.29876, -90.18481
- black-and-white photographs
- Civil rights sit-in by John Salter, Joan Trumpauer, and Anne Moody at Woolworth's lunch counter in Jackson, Mississippi. Crowd of people pour sugar, ketchup and mustard on them in protest.
The Civil Rights Digital Library received support from a National Leadership Grant for Libraries awarded to the University of Georgia by the Institute of Museum and Library Services for the aggregation and enhancement of partner metadata.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Please contact holding institution for information regarding use and copyright status.
- Original Collection:
- John R. Salter, Jr. papers, Wisconsin Historical Society, Madison, Wisconsin
- Contributing Institution:
- Wisconsin Historical Society