Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Freedom Summer Digital Collection
- Morey --COFO Legal Coordinator - Legal Cases, 1962-1966 (R. Hunter Morey papers, 1962-1967; Archives Main Stacks, Mss 522, Box 3, Folder 12)
- Morey, R. Hunter, 1940-
- Date of Original:
United States. Department of Justice
Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.)
United States. Civil Rights Act of 1964
National Association for the Advancement of Colored People
National Lawyers Guild
Council of Federated Organizations (U.S.)
Mississippi State Penitentiary
American Civil Liberties Union
Ku Klux Klan
White Citizens councils
Association for the Preservation of the White Race
- Henry, Aaron, 1922-1997
Smith, R. L. T. (Robert L. T.)
Parker, Everett C.
Cox, W. Harold (William Harold), 1901-
Moses, Robert Parris
Kunstler, William M. (William Moses), 1919-1995
Dennis, David J., Sr.
King, R. Edwin
Crockett, George W.
Smith, Benjamin Eugene
King, Martin Luther, Jr., 1929-1968
Fauntroy, Walter E.
Silverberg, John E.
Mize, Sidney C. (Sidney Carr), 1888-1965
Clayton, Claude F. (Claude Feemster), 1909-1969
Hamer, Fannie Lou
Chaney, Fannie Lee
Bender, Rita L.
Rainey, Lawrence, 1923-2002
Price, Cecil Ray, 1938-2001
Birdsong, T. B.
Schwerner, Michael Henry, 1939-1964
Goodman, Andrew, 1943-1964
Chaney, James Earl, 1943-1964
- United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
United States, Mississippi, Hinds County, Jackson, 32.29876, -90.18481
- legal documents
clippings (information artifacts)
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright to these documents belongs to the individuals who created them or the organizations for which they worked. The principal organizations have been defunct for many years and copyright to their unpublished records is uncertain. We share them here strictly for non-profit educational purposes. We have attempted to contact individuals who created personal papers of significant length or importance. Nearly all have generously permitted us to include their work. If you believe that you possess copyright to material included here, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Under the fair use provisions of the U.S. copyright law, teachers and students are free to reproduce any document for nonprofit classroom use. Commercial use of copyright-protected material is generally prohibited.
- Original Collection:
- R. Hunter Morey papers, 1962-1967; Archives Main Stacks, Mss 522, Box 3, Folder 12; WIHVM4550-A
- Contributing Institution:
- Wisconsin Historical Society