- Freedom Summer Digital Collection
- Freedom Information Service--Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee, 1964-1966 (Freedom Information Service records, 1962-1979; Archives Main Stacks, Mss 515, Box 1, Folder 10)
- Freedom Information Service
- Date of Original:
Assault and battery
Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.)
Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party
Democratic Party (Miss.)
Congress of Racial Equality
United States. Federal Bureau of Investigation
Council of Federated Organizations (U.S.)
White Citizens councils
National Association for the Advancement of Colored People
United States. Department of Justice
Mississippi State Sovereignty Commission
Ku Klux Klan
United States. Civil Rights Act of 1964
Free Southern Theater
Democratic Party (U.S.)
Medical Committee for Human Rights (U.S.)
Mississippi Student Union
- Smith, R. L. T. (Robert L. T.)
Beech, Robert, 1935-2008
Hoover, J. Edgar (John Edgar), 1895-1972
Keyes, Kilmer Estus
Rainey, L. A.
Price, Cecil Ray, 1938-2001
King, Edwin H.
Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006
Douglas, Paul H. (Paul Howard), 1892-1976
Heininger, Edward K.
Thaggard, Dr., Sr.
Goodman, Andrew, 1943-1964
Schwerner, Michael Henry, 1939-1964
Chaney, James Earl, 1943-1964
Seeger, Pete, 1919-2014
Guyot, Lawrence, 1939-2012
Hamer, Fannie Lou
Baker, Ella J.
Randolph, A. Philip (Asa Philip), 1889-1979
Spain, David M.
Keys, Clifton Archie
Lelyveld, Arthur J., 1913-1996
Bernard, Joel, 1945-
Griffin, W. H.
Samstein, Mendy, 1938-2007
Greene, George, 1943-2018
Martin, Willie Mae
Bell, John Luther
Adickes, Sandra, 1933-
Pittman, Claude F.
Brown, Sam Freedom
Harris, Jesse, 1942-
Roosevelt, Franklin Delano, III
Featherstone, Ralph, 1939-1970
Thomas, James Robert
Ganz, Marshall, 1943-
Johnson, James, Jr.
Moses, Robert Parris
Lee, R. V.
Edwards, Leon P.
Dean, J. T.
Hardy, John W.
Blackwell, Unita, 1933-2019
- United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
United States, Mississippi, Hinds County, Jackson, 32.29876, -90.18481
United States, Mississippi, Monroe County, Aberdeen, 33.82511, -88.54366
United States, Mississippi, Monroe County, Amory, 33.98428, -88.4881
United States, Mississippi, Neshoba County, 32.7535, -89.11757
United States, Mississippi, Warren County, Vicksburg, 32.35265, -90.87788
United States, Pennsylvania, Philadelphia County, Philadelphia, 39.95233, -75.16379
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright to these documents belongs to the individuals who created them or the organizations for which they worked. The principal organizations have been defunct for many years and copyright to their unpublished records is uncertain. We share them here strictly for non-profit educational purposes. We have attempted to contact individuals who created personal papers of significant length or importance. Nearly all have generously permitted us to include their work. If you believe that you possess copyright to material included here, please contact us at email@example.com. Under the fair use provisions of the U.S. copyright law, teachers and students are free to reproduce any document for nonprofit classroom use. Commercial use of copyright-protected material is generally prohibited.
- Original Collection:
- Freedom Information Service records, 1962-1979; Archives Main Stacks, Mss 515, Box 1, Folder 10; WIHVF1250-A
- Contributing Institution:
- Wisconsin Historical Society