- Freedom Summer Digital Collection
- Kaplow--Friends of SNCC - General, 1964-1967, undated (Alicia Kaplow papers, 1964-1968; Archives Main Stacks, Mss 507, Box 1, Folder 7)
- Kaplow, Alicia, 1945-
- Date of Original:
- Mississippi Freedom Schools
Vietnam War, 1961-1975
Democratic Party (Miss.)
Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party
United States. Department of Justice
Poor Peoples' Corporation
Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.)
Mississippi Freedom Labor Union
United States. Department of Agriculture
United States National Student Association
United States. Voting Rights Act of 1965
United States. Civil Rights Act of 1964
National Association for the Advancement of Colored People
Council of Federated Organizations (U.S.)
White Citizens councils
Sterilization of women
Literacy tests (Election law)
Republican Party (U.S.)
Mississippi State Sovereignty Commission
Democratic Party (U.S.)
United States Commission on Civil Rights
Southern Regional Council
National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America
United States. Federal Bureau of Investigation
Head Start programs
Clothing and dress
Congress of Racial Equality
Southern Christian Leadership Conference
- Lauren, Margaret
Coleman, J. P. (James Plemon), 1914-1991
Perdew, John, 1941-
Berry, Marion, 1942-
Carmichael, Stokely, 1941-1998
Lewis, John, 1940-2020
Robinson, Betty Garman
Eastland, James O. (James Oliver), 1904-1986
Marshall, Thurgood, 1908-1993
Cooper, Irving Ben
Robinson, Spotswood, III
Cox, W. Harold (William Harold), 1901-
Johnson, Lyndon B. (Lyndon Baines), 1908-1973
Duckworth, C. J.
Johnson, Paul B., 1916-1985
Patterson, Joseph Turner, 1907-1969
Pittman, Edwin Lloyd, 1935-
Pittman, Claude F.
Henry, Aaron, 1922-1997
Morgan, Charles, Jr.
Pollitt, Daniel H.
Goldsby, Robert Lee
Kennedy, Robert F., 1925-1968
Marshall, Burke, 1922-2003
Hall, Robert H.
Rushing, Fannie Theresa
Schwerner, Nathan H., -1991
Seeger, Pete, 1919-2014
Sellers, Cleveland, 1944-
Barry, Marion, 1936-2014
Leigh, Sandy, 1934-
Robinson, Reginald, 1939-
Minnis, Jack, 1926-2005
Sherrod, Charles, 1937-2022
Mathis, Bobby Lee
Bell, Mary Kate
Southwell, J. W.
Maddox, Lester, 1915-2003
Guyot, Lawrence, 1939-2012
Farmer, James L., Jr. (James Leonard), 1920-1999
Blackwell, Unita, 1933-2019
Doar, John, 1921-2014
Green, Edith, 1910-1987
Etheridge, Samuel P.
Norman, E. E.
Parker, Henry L.
Cobb, C. T.
Bradley, L. C., Mrs.
Faubus, Orval Eugene, 1910-1994
Sillers, Walter, 1888-1966
Eisenhower, Dwight D. (Dwight David), 1890-1969
Lynd, Robert S.
Kennedy, John F. (John Fitzgerald), 1917-1963
Byrd, Harry F., Jr. (Harry Flood), 1914-2013
Barr, Ossie Lee
Rogow, Bruce S.
Carthen, Sallie Mae
Ware, Addie J.
Sherrod, P. D.
Brown, Martha A.
Coleman, L. C.
- United States, Alabama, 32.75041, -86.75026
United States, Arkansas, 34.75037, -92.50044
United States, California, 37.25022, -119.75126
United States, Florida, 28.75054, -82.5001
United States, Georgia, 32.75042, -83.50018
United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, 10th Street, 33.7815644, -84.409161
United States, Georgia, Sumter County, Americus, 32.07239, -84.23269
United States, Illinois, 40.00032, -89.25037
United States, Massachusetts, 42.36565, -71.10832
United States, Michigan, 44.25029, -85.50033
United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
United States, Mississippi, Hinds County, Jackson, 32.29876, -90.18481
United States, New Jersey, 40.16706, -74.49987
United States, New York, 43.00035, -75.4999
United States, Ohio, 40.25034, -83.00018
United States, Pennsylvania, 40.8, -77.7
United States, Pennsylvania, Philadelphia County, Philadelphia, 39.95233, -75.16379
United States, Tennessee, 35.75035, -86.25027
United States, Wisconsin, 44.50024, -90.00041
minutes (administrative records)
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright to these documents belongs to the individuals who created them or the organizations for which they worked. The principal organizations have been defunct for many years and copyright to their unpublished records is uncertain. We share them here strictly for non-profit educational purposes. We have attempted to contact individuals who created personal papers of significant length or importance. Nearly all have generously permitted us to include their work. If you believe that you possess copyright to material included here, please contact us at email@example.com. Under the fair use provisions of the U.S. copyright law, teachers and students are free to reproduce any document for nonprofit classroom use. Commercial use of copyright-protected material is generally prohibited.
- Original Collection:
- Alicia Kaplow papers, 1964-1968; Archives Main Stacks, Mss 507, Box 1, Folder 7; WIHVK350-A
- Contributing Institution:
- Wisconsin Historical Society