Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Freedom Summer Digital Collection
- Smith--Rupert Crawford, et al., v. Mississippi, 1964-1966 (Benjamin E. Smith papers, 1955-1967; Archives Main Stacks, Mss 513, Box 2, Folder 7)
- Smith, Benjamin Eugene
- Date of Original:
Discrimination in employment
National Association for the Advancement of Colored People
United States. Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Crawford, Robert
Mize, Sidney C. (Sidney Carr), 1888-1965
Thompson, Allen C. (Allen Cavett), 1906-1980
Poole, Bette Anne
Salter, John R.
Adams, Averna Lee
Armstrong, Jimmie Earl
Dickey, Frank Charles
Moore, Austin Claiborne
Waltzer, Bruce C., 1932-
Brown, R. Jess, 1912-1989
Latham, H. C.
Hirschkop, Philip J.
Kunstler, William M. (William Moses), 1919-1995
Young, Jack H., Sr., 1908-
Patterson, Joseph Turner, 1907-1969
Stennett, E. W.
Watkins, Thomas B.
Cox, W. Harold (William Harold), 1901-
Wharton, Loryce E.
Baker, Mildred A.
Kunstler, Michael J.
Slattery, James T.
Cameron, John E., 1932-
Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006
Johnson, Paul B., 1916-1985
Rives, Richard T.
Travis, J. A., Jr.
Nicholas, Robert G., Jr.
- United States, Louisiana, 31.00047, -92.0004
United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
United States, Mississippi, Hinds County, Jackson, 32.29876, -90.18481
- legal documents
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright to these documents belongs to the individuals who created them or the organizations for which they worked. The principal organizations have been defunct for many years and copyright to their unpublished records is uncertain. We share them here strictly for non-profit educational purposes. We have attempted to contact individuals who created personal papers of significant length or importance. Nearly all have generously permitted us to include their work. If you believe that you possess copyright to material included here, please contact us at email@example.com. Under the fair use provisions of the U.S. copyright law, teachers and students are free to reproduce any document for nonprofit classroom use. Commercial use of copyright-protected material is generally prohibited.
- Original Collection:
- Benjamin E. Smith papers, 1955-1967; Archives Main Stacks, Mss 513, Box 2, Folder 7; WIHVS3060-A
- Contributing Institution:
- Wisconsin Historical Society