Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Freedom Summer Digital Collection
- Mays--Council of Federated Organizations (James N. Mays papers, 1960-1967; Archives Main Stacks, Mss 404, Box 1, Folder 6)
- Mays, James N., 1928-
- Date of Original:
- Indians of North America
Democratic National Convention (1964 : Atlantic City, N.J.)
American Civil Liberties Union
Medical Committee for Human Rights (U.S.)
Child Development Group of Mississippi
United States. Department of Agriculture
Mississippi Student Union
United States. Civil Rights Act of 1964
Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party
National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America
- Evers, Medgar Wiley, 1925-1963
Batt, William L. (William Loren), 1916-2004
Johnson, W. E.
Rivers, Dorris W.
Fatheree, T. B.
Smith, M. Ross
Smith, R. L. T. (Robert L. T.)
Mansell, A. B., Jr.
Chapman, L. D.
Harris, J. S., Jr.
Wallace, L. D.
Mansell, E. D.
Rice, C. E.
Sims, V. A.
Killeen, Carolyn M.
Cobb, Charles E., Jr.
Chaffee, Lois Carroll, 1939-
Samstein, Mendy, 1938-2007
Day, Noel, 1933-
Minnis, Jack, 1926-2005
Moses, Robert Parris
Tubman, Harriet, 1822-1913
Hamer, Fannie Lou
Douglass, Frederick, 1818-1895
Forman, James, 1928-2005
Washington, Booker T., 1856-1915
Du Bois, W. E. B. (William Edward Burghardt), 1868-1963
Griffin, Ida Ruth
Powell, Lillie Mae
Culberson, P. L.
Wright, Richard, 1908-1960
Humphrey, Hubert H. (Hubert Horatio), 1911-1978
Johnson, Lyndon B. (Lyndon Baines), 1908-1973
King, Edwin H.
Henry, Aaron, 1922-1997
Johnson, Paul B., 1916-1985
Goldwater, Barry M. (Barry Morris), 1909-1998
Silver, James W. (James Wesley), 1907-1988
Sillers, Walter, 1888-1966
Vardaman, James Kimble, 1861-1930
Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, 1877-1947
- United States, Alabama, 32.75041, -86.75026
United States, Massachusetts, 42.36565, -71.10832
United States, Michigan, 44.25029, -85.50033
United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
United States, Mississippi, Hinds County, Jackson, 32.29876, -90.18481
United States, New York, 43.00035, -75.4999
United States, Pennsylvania, Philadelphia County, Philadelphia, 39.95233, -75.16379
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright to these documents belongs to the individuals who created them or the organizations for which they worked. The principal organizations have been defunct for many years and copyright to their unpublished records is uncertain. We share them here strictly for non-profit educational purposes. We have attempted to contact individuals who created personal papers of significant length or importance. Nearly all have generously permitted us to include their work. If you believe that you possess copyright to material included here, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Under the fair use provisions of the U.S. copyright law, teachers and students are free to reproduce any document for nonprofit classroom use. Commercial use of copyright-protected material is generally prohibited.
- Original Collection:
- James N. Mays papers, 1960-1967; Archives Main Stacks, Mss 404, Box 1, Folder 6; WIHV85-A1286
- Contributing Institution:
- Wisconsin Historical Society