- Freedom Summer Digital Collection
- Werner--COFO and SNCC pamphlets, newspaper clippings, conference proceedings, and press releases, 1963-1965 (Hank Werner papers; Z: Accessions, M71-358, Box 2, Folder 6)
- Werner, Hank
- Date of Original:
- Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.)
Council of Federated Organizations (U.S.)
Selma to Montgomery Rights March (1965 : Selma, Ala.)
Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party
Republican Party (U.S.)
White Citizens councils
Literacy tests (Election law)
United States. Civil Rights Act of 1957
United States. Civil Rights Act of 1960
United States. Department of Justice
Discrimination in employment
Southern Christian Leadership Conference
National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America
Clothing and dress
Assault and battery
Child Development Group of Mississippi
Head Start programs
Mississippi Freedom Labor Union
Ku Klux Klan
Association for the Preservation of the White Race
United States. Federal Bureau of Investigation
Voter Education Project (Southern Regional Council)
National Association for the Advancement of Colored People
United States. Voting Rights Act of 1965
United States. Civil Rights Act of 1964
University of Alabama
United States. Congress. House. Committee on Un-American Activities
- Lewis, John, 1940-2020
Long, Worth W.
Forman, James, 1928-2005
Bond, Julian, 1940-2015
Moses, Robert Parris
Sherrod, Charles, 1937-2022
LaFayette, Bernard, Jr.
Hansen, Bill, 1939-
Robinson, Reginald, 1939-
Middleton, W. G.
Till, Emmett, 1941-1955
Evers, Medgar Wiley, 1925-1963
Walker, Prentiss, 1917-1998
Cox, W. Harold (William Harold), 1901-
Kennedy, John F. (John Fitzgerald), 1917-1963
Eastland, James O. (James Oliver), 1904-1986
Thompson, Allen C. (Allen Cavett), 1906-1980
Roberts, Ralph R.
McCormack, John W., 1891-1980
Vardaman, James Kimble, 1861-1930
Lee, Herbert, 1919-1961
Hurst, E. F.
Allen, Louis, 1919-1964
Hamer, Fannie Lou
Dorrough, Charles M.
Patterson, Robert B.
Barrett, Russell H.
Stone, Floyd J.
Adams, Frank T., 1934-
Campbell, Lawrence, Rev.
Lee, Robert E.
Chase, Lendall W.
Dunlap, A. I.
McGhee, H. G.
McCain, E. G.
Gardiner, Robert N.
Aiken, Archibald M., 1888-1971
Johnson, Lyndon B. (Lyndon Baines), 1908-1973
Schuller, David S.
Goodman, Andrew, 1943-1964
Schwerner, Michael Henry, 1939-1964
Chaney, James Earl, 1943-1964
Mize, Sidney C. (Sidney Carr), 1888-1965
Price, Cecil Ray, 1938-2001
Minor, W. F.
Williams, John Bell, 1918-1983
Coleman, J. P. (James Plemon), 1914-1991
Johnson, Paul B., 1916-1985
Howard, Lawrence C.
Klotsche, J. Martin
Brotslaw, Irving, 1929-
Johnson, Napoleon B.
Downing, Willard E.
Vaccaro, Louis C.
Zeidler, Frank P.
Beittel, Adam Daniel
O'Reilly, Charles T.
King, Martin Luther, Jr., 1929-1968
Styron, William, 1925-2006
Turner, Nat, 1800?-1831
Lomax, Louis E.
Kilpatrick, James Jackson, 1920-2010
Abernathy, Ralph, 1926-1990
Young, Andrew, 1932-
Adams, John Quincy, 1767-1848
Clay, Henry, 1777-1852
Webster, Daniel, 1782-1852
Oliver, Herbert, Mrs.
Farmer, James L., Jr. (James Leonard), 1920-1999
Morgan, Everrett J.
John XXIII, Pope, 1881-1963
Alinsky, Saul D., 1909-1972
Galbraith, John Kenneth, 1908-2006
Kirwan, Michael J.
Whitten, Jamie L.
Wallace, George C. (George Corley), 1919-1998
Featherstone, Ralph, 1939-1970
McKinnie, Lester G. (Lester Gene), 1940-
Rankin, John Elliot
Wood, John S.
Thomas, J. Parnell
Wood, John Stephen
Willis, Edwin E., 1904-1972
Liuzzo, Viola, 1925-1965
Wilson, Woodrow, 1856-1924
Roosevelt, Franklin D. (Franklin Delano), 1882-1945
Truman, Harry S., 1884-1972
Mundt, Karl E. (Karl Earl), 1900-1974
McCarthy, Joseph, 1908-1957
Humphrey, Hubert H. (Hubert Horatio), 1911-1978
Kennedy, Robert F., 1925-1968
- United States, Alabama, 32.75041, -86.75026
United States, Arkansas, 34.75037, -92.50044
United States, Georgia, 32.75042, -83.50018
United States, Georgia, Dougherty County, Albany, 31.57851, -84.15574
United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, 10th Street, 33.7815644, -84.409161
United States, Illinois, 40.00032, -89.25037
United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
United States, Mississippi, Amite County, 31.1744, -90.80443
United States, Mississippi, Hinds County, Jackson, 32.29876, -90.18481
United States, Mississippi, Neshoba County, 32.7535, -89.11757
United States, North Carolina, 35.50069, -80.00032
United States, Pennsylvania, Philadelphia County, Philadelphia, 39.95233, -75.16379
United States, Virginia, 37.54812, -77.44675
United States, Wisconsin, 44.50024, -90.00041
clippings (information artifacts)
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright to these documents belongs to the individuals who created them or the organizations for which they worked. The principal organizations have been defunct for many years and copyright to their unpublished records is uncertain. We share them here strictly for non-profit educational purposes. We have attempted to contact individuals who created personal papers of significant length or importance. Nearly all have generously permitted us to include their work. If you believe that you possess copyright to material included here, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Under the fair use provisions of the U.S. copyright law, teachers and students are free to reproduce any document for nonprofit classroom use. Commercial use of copyright-protected material is generally prohibited.
- Original Collection:
- Hank Werner papers; Z: Accessions, M71-358, Box 2, Folder 6; WIHV86-A22
- Contributing Institution:
- Wisconsin Historical Society