Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Freedom Summer Digital Collection
- CORE--Voter registration - Attempts - Affidavits, 1963 Aug.-1965 July (Congress of Racial Equality. Mississippi 4th Congressional District records, 1961-1966; Historical Society Library Microforms Room, Micro 793, Reel 5, Segment 98)
- Congress of Racial Equality. Mississippi, Fourth Congressional District
- Date of Original:
- Voter registration
Democratic National Convention (1964 : Atlantic City, N.J.)
Literacy tests (Election law)
United States. Department of Justice
Congress of Racial Equality
United States. Civil Rights Act of 1960
National Association for the Advancement of Colored People
Council of Federated Organizations (U.S.)
Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party
- Horton, Dorothea
Turner, William Cleo
Griffin, J. D.
Reid, George Washington
Robinson, Mattie Williams
Dennis, David J., Sr.
Marshall, Burke, 1922-2003
Moody, Anne, 1940-2015
Jackson, Elmo, Jr.
Campbell, L. Foote
Alexander, John C.
Alexander, Rebecca Johnson
Chinn, C. O., 1919-1999
Smoot, Larry Lee
Cain, W. S.
Palmer, Sylvester Lee
McCullough, W. E. L.
Thornton, Mary Jane
Noble, William B., 1924-1986
Harden, Ella Mae
Luckett, Ruth Thelma
Evers, Charles, 1922-2020
Cox, B. Elton (Benjamin Elton), 1931-2011
Anderson, J. W.
Current, Gloster B. (Gloster Bryant), 1913-1997
Smith, E. L.
- United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
clippings (information artifacts)
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright to these documents belongs to the individuals who created them or the organizations for which they worked. The principal organizations have been defunct for many years and copyright to their unpublished records is uncertain. We share them here strictly for non-profit educational purposes. We have attempted to contact individuals who created personal papers of significant length or importance. Nearly all have generously permitted us to include their work. If you believe that you possess copyright to material included here, please contact us at email@example.com. Under the fair use provisions of the U.S. copyright law, teachers and students are free to reproduce any document for nonprofit classroom use. Commercial use of copyright-protected material is generally prohibited.
- Original Collection:
- Congress of Racial Equality. Mississippi 4th Congressional District records, 1961-1966; Historical Society Library Microforms Room, Micro 793, Reel 5, Segment 98; WIHVC239G-A;
- Contributing Institution:
- Wisconsin Historical Society