Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Freedom Summer Digital Collection
- CORE-- Community centers - General memoranda and notes, 1964 (Congress of Racial Equality. Mississippi 4th Congressional District records, 1961-1966; Historical Society Library Microforms Room, Micro 793, Reel 1, Segment 8)
- Congress of Racial Equality. Mississippi, Fourth Congressional District
- Date of Original:
- Community centers
Congress of Racial Equality
Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.)
Clothing and dress
National Association for the Advancement of Colored People
Child care services
Council of Federated Organizations (U.S.)
- Stembridge, Jane
Bender, Rita L.
Gordon, Ruthie May
Gordon, Dorothy Faye
Chaney, James Earl, 1943-1964
Ponder, Annell, 1932-2013
Taylor, S. M.
Raymond, George, 1943-
Wright, Martha (Freedom Summer volunteer)
Russell, J. J.
Burns, W. J.
Glen, W. G.
Rustin, Bayard, 1912-1987
Chaffee, Lois Carroll, 1939-
- United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
United States, Mississippi, Hinds County, Jackson, 32.29876, -90.18481
minutes (administrative records)
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright to these documents belongs to the individuals who created them or the organizations for which they worked. The principal organizations have been defunct for many years and copyright to their unpublished records is uncertain. We share them here strictly for non-profit educational purposes. We have attempted to contact individuals who created personal papers of significant length or importance. Nearly all have generously permitted us to include their work. If you believe that you possess copyright to material included here, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Under the fair use provisions of the U.S. copyright law, teachers and students are free to reproduce any document for nonprofit classroom use. Commercial use of copyright-protected material is generally prohibited.
- Original Collection:
- Congress of Racial Equality. Mississippi 4th Congressional District records, 1961-1966; Historical Society Library Microforms Room, Micro 793, Reel 1, Segment 8; WIHVC239G-A;
- Contributing Institution:
- Wisconsin Historical Society