Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Freedom Summer Digital Collection
- CORE--Ministers' reports on visits (Committee projects of the National Council of Churches and United Church of Christ) - Correspondence and reports, 1964 Feb.-August (Congress of Racial Equality. Mississippi 4th Congressional District records, 1961-1966; Historical Society Library Microforms Room, Micro 793, Reel 3, Segment 67)
- Congress of Racial Equality. Mississippi, Fourth Congressional District
- Date of Original:
Democratic National Convention (1964 : Atlantic City, N.J.)
United States Commission on Civil Rights
White Citizens councils
United States. Department of Justice
Assault and battery
Madison County (Miss.)
United States. Federal Bureau of Investigation
Democratic Party (U.S.)
Ku Klux Klan
National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America
Council of Federated Organizations (U.S.)
Congress of Racial Equality
Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.)
National Association for the Advancement of Colored People
Literacy tests (Election law)
- Day, A. Garnett, Jr.
Vail, Howard B.
Johnson, Paul B., 1916-1985
Thomas, Art, Rev.
Beittel, Adam Daniel
Evers, Charles, 1922-2020
Kleeme, Huber F.
Dennis, David J., Sr.
Henry, Aaron, 1922-1997
Allen, Judd A.
Simer, T. W.
Smith, Scott B., Jr.
Heininger, Edward K.
Sherman, John H.
Jewett, Richard A.
Moran, Patrick K.
Robinson, C. L.
Raymond, George, 1943-
Silver, James W. (James Wesley), 1907-1988
Barnett, Ross R. (Ross Robert), 1898-1987
Johnson, Lyndon B. (Lyndon Baines), 1908-1973
Kennedy, John F. (John Fitzgerald), 1917-1963
Van Velse, Paulina
Pierson, Roscoe M.
Spike, Robert W. (Robert Warren)
Harper, L. Alexander
Campbell, L. Foote
Moses, Robert Parris
Goodman, Andrew, 1943-1964
Chaney, James Earl, 1943-1964
Schwerner, Michael Henry, 1939-1964
Goldwater, Barry M. (Barry Morris), 1909-1998
McCray, Thomas L.
Wright, Donald L.
Quimby, James F.
- United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
United States, Mississippi, Hinds County, Jackson, 32.29876, -90.18481
United States, Pennsylvania, Philadelphia County, Philadelphia, 39.95233, -75.16379
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright to these documents belongs to the individuals who created them or the organizations for which they worked. The principal organizations have been defunct for many years and copyright to their unpublished records is uncertain. We share them here strictly for non-profit educational purposes. We have attempted to contact individuals who created personal papers of significant length or importance. Nearly all have generously permitted us to include their work. If you believe that you possess copyright to material included here, please contact us at email@example.com. Under the fair use provisions of the U.S. copyright law, teachers and students are free to reproduce any document for nonprofit classroom use. Commercial use of copyright-protected material is generally prohibited.
- Original Collection:
- Congress of Racial Equality. Mississippi 4th Congressional District records, 1961-1966; Historical Society Library Microforms Room, Micro 793, Reel 3, Segment 67; WIHVC239G-A;
- Contributing Institution:
- Wisconsin Historical Society