Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Freedom Summer Digital Collection
- CORE--Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party Rally (Canton) - correspondence and memoranda, 1964 October 3 (Congress of Racial Equality. Mississippi 4th Congressional District records, 1961-1966; Historical Society Library Microforms Room, Micro 793, Reel 3, Segment 41)
- Congress of Racial Equality. Mississippi Fourth Congressional District
- Date of Original:
- Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party
Council of Federated Organizations (U.S.)
- DeVine, Annie
Henry, Aaron, 1922-1997
Wilkins, Roy, 1901-1981
Hamer, Fannie Lou
Moses, Robert Parris
Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006
King, Martin Luther, Jr., 1929-1968
Haley, Richard (Civil rights worker)
Lawson, James M., 1928-
Thomas, Art, Rev.
King, Edwin H.
Spike, Robert W. (Robert Warren)
Green, Robert Lee
Walker, Wyatt Tee
Forman, James, 1928-2005
Cox, B. Elton (Benjamin Elton), 1931-2011
Dennis, David J., Sr.
Evers, Charles, 1922-2020
Farmer, James L., Jr. (James Leonard), 1920-1999
Sharp, Philip W.
Robinson, Jo Ann, 1942-
Crawford, Eartiss James
Wright, Martha (Freedom Summer volunteer)
Chinn, C. O., 1919-1999
Johnson, Lyndon B. (Lyndon Baines), 1908-1973
Humphrey, Hubert H. (Hubert Horatio), 1911-1978
McRee, James F., approximately 1919-
Raymond, George, 1943-
Hodges, Mose, Jr.
Young, Lemon, Jr.
Palmer, Willie H.
- United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright to these documents belongs to the individuals who created them or the organizations for which they worked. The principal organizations have been defunct for many years and copyright to their unpublished records is uncertain. We share them here strictly for non-profit educational purposes. We have attempted to contact individuals who created personal papers of significant length or importance. Nearly all have generously permitted us to include their work. If you believe that you possess copyright to material included here, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Under the fair use provisions of the U.S. copyright law, teachers and students are free to reproduce any document for nonprofit classroom use. Commercial use of copyright-protected material is generally prohibited.
- Original Collection:
- Congress of Racial Equality. Mississippi 4th Congressional District records, 1961-1966; Historical Society Library Microforms Room, Micro 793, Reel 3, Segment 41; WIHVC239G-A
- Contributing Institution:
- Wisconsin Historical Society