Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Freedom Summer Digital Collection
- CORE--Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party Newsletter, 1965 April, June (Congress of Racial Equality. Mississippi 4th Congressional District records, 1961-1966; Historical Society Library Microforms Room, Micro 793, Reel 3, Segment 40)
- Congress of Racial Equality. Mississippi Fourth Congressional District
- Date of Original:
- Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party
Democratic National Convention (1964 : Atlantic City, N.J.)
Assault and battery
Literacy tests (Election law)
Council of Federated Organizations (U.S.)
United States. Department of Justice
Democratic Party (Miss.)
Sterilization of women
United States Commission on Civil Rights
Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.)
Ku Klux Klan
Mississippi Freedom Labor Union
Head Start programs
United States. Voting Rights Act of 1965
National Association for the Advancement of Colored People
- Guyot, Lawrence, 1939-2012
Hamer, Fannie Lou
Quin, Aylene, 1920-2001
Williams, John Bell, 1918-1983
Burnley, William C., Jr.
Harper, R. B.
Rainey, Lawrence, 1923-2002
Cox, W. Harold (William Harold), 1901-
Goldwater, Barry M. (Barry Morris), 1909-1998
Martin, L. J.
Bacot, Mary Tucker
Stringer, Louis D.
Johnson, Lyndon B. (Lyndon Baines), 1908-1973
Lewis, John, 1940-2020
Clayton, Claude F. (Claude Feemster), 1909-1969
Gallatly, Mary Sue
Eastland, James O. (James Oliver), 1904-1986
Middleton, W. G.
Till, Emmett, 1941-1955
Evers, Medgar Wiley, 1925-1963
Johnson, Paul B., 1916-1985
Farmer, James L., Jr. (James Leonard), 1920-1999
Raymond, George, 1943-
Shriver, T. H.
Bradshaw, J. R.
Williams, E., Mrs.
Anderson, H. C.
Crosby, J. P., Mrs.
Johnson, Lula Bell
Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006
Morey, Hunter, 1940-
- United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
United States, Mississippi, Hinds County, Jackson, 32.29876, -90.18481
United States, Mississippi, Warren County, Vicksburg, 32.35265, -90.87788
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright to these documents belongs to the individuals who created them or the organizations for which they worked. The principal organizations have been defunct for many years and copyright to their unpublished records is uncertain. We share them here strictly for non-profit educational purposes. We have attempted to contact individuals who created personal papers of significant length or importance. Nearly all have generously permitted us to include their work. If you believe that you possess copyright to material included here, please contact us at email@example.com. Under the fair use provisions of the U.S. copyright law, teachers and students are free to reproduce any document for nonprofit classroom use. Commercial use of copyright-protected material is generally prohibited.
- Original Collection:
- Congress of Racial Equality. Mississippi 4th Congressional District records, 1961-1966; Historical Society Library Microforms Room, Micro 793, Reel 3, Segment 40; WIHVC239G-A
- Contributing Institution:
- Wisconsin Historical Society