Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Freedom Summer Digital Collection
- CORE--Education programs (CORE, COFO) - Correspondence and memoranda, 1964 (Congress of Racial Equality. Mississippi 4th Congressional District records, 1961-1966; Historical Society Library Microforms Room, Micro 793, Reel 2, Segment 21)
- Congress of Racial Equality. Mississippi Fourth Congressional District
- Date of Original:
Highlander Research and Education Center (Knoxville, Tenn.)
Congress of Racial Equality
Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.)
Discrimination in employment
United States. Civil Rights Act of 1964
Day care centers
National Association for the Advancement of Colored People
Southern Christian Leadership Conference
- Wilson, Geraldine L.
Jackson, J. H.
Jewett, Richard A.
Dennis, David J., Sr.
Actermann, J. R.
Samstein, Mendy, 1938-2007
Chase, Oscar G.
Roosevelt, Eleanor, 1884-1962
Barnes, Katrina McCormick
Due, Patricia Stephens
Norman, Silas, 1941-
Farmer, James L., Jr. (James Leonard), 1920-1999
Johnson, Lyndon B. (Lyndon Baines), 1908-1973
- United States, Illinois, 40.00032, -89.25037
United States, Louisiana, 31.00047, -92.0004
United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
United States, Mississippi, Hinds County, Jackson, 32.29876, -90.18481
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright to these documents belongs to the individuals who created them or the organizations for which they worked. The principal organizations have been defunct for many years and copyright to their unpublished records is uncertain. We share them here strictly for non-profit educational purposes. We have attempted to contact individuals who created personal papers of significant length or importance. Nearly all have generously permitted us to include their work. If you believe that you possess copyright to material included here, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Under the fair use provisions of the U.S. copyright law, teachers and students are free to reproduce any document for nonprofit classroom use. Commercial use of copyright-protected material is generally prohibited.
- Original Collection:
- Congress of Racial Equality. Mississippi 4th Congressional District records, 1961-1966; Historical Society Library Microforms Room, Micro 793, Reel 2, Segment 21; WIHVC239G-A
- Contributing Institution:
- Wisconsin Historical Society