Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Freedom Summer Digital Collection
- Bowie--Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party (Harry J. Bowie papers, 1964-1967; Archives Main Stacks, Mss 31 & Micro 928 (P82-2479), Box 2, Folder 3)
- Bowie, Harry
- Date of Original:
- Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party
Democratic National Convention (1964 : Atlantic City, N.J.)
Democratic National Convention (1960 : Los Angeles, Calif.)
Democratic Party (U.S.)
United States. Voting Rights Act of 1965
Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.)
Literacy tests (Election law)
United States. Civil Rights Act of 1957
United States. Civil Rights Act of 1960
Democratic Party (Miss.)
Council of Federated Organizations (U.S.)
United States. Department of Justice
White Citizens councils
Mississippi State Sovereignty Commission
Medical Committee for Human Rights (U.S.)
Republican Party (U.S.)
United States. Federal Bureau of Investigation
Association for the Preservation of the White Race
Assault and battery
- Eastland, James O. (James Oliver), 1904-1986
Ryan, William F. (William Fitts), 1922-1972
Hamer, Fannie Lou
Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006
Abernethy, Thomas Gerstle, 1903-1998
Whitten, Jamie L.
Williams, John Bell, 1918-1983
Colmer, William Meyers, 1890-1980
Guyot, Lawrence, 1939-2012
Whittington, H. K.
Johnson, Paul B., 1916-1985
Stennis, John C. (John Cornelius), 1901-1995
Cameron, John E., 1932-
Houston, James Monroe
Green, Edith, 1910-1987
Duncan, Todd, Mrs.
Rauh, Joseph L., Jr., 1911-1992
Phillips, Joyce Austin
Fields, H. G.
Wilentz, David T.
Hartke, R. Vance
Mahoney, George P.
Pastore, John O.
Lawrence, David Leo, 1889-1966
Johnson, Lyndon B. (Lyndon Baines), 1908-1973
Lynch, John R.
Chalmers, James R. (James Ronald), 1831-1898
Barnett, Ross R. (Ross Robert), 1898-1987
Stavis, Morton, -1992
Ladner, Herbert Austin, 1902-1989
Kunstler, William M. (William Moses), 1919-1995
Patterson, Joseph Turner, 1907-1969
Jones, Hercules A.
Coleman, J. P. (James Plemon), 1914-1991
McCormack, John W., 1891-1980
Minor, W. F.
Quin, Aylene, 1920-2001
Martin, L. J.
Miles, Robert (Batesville, Miss.)
Cunningham, Marion Phyllis
Breland, L. E.
Simmons, R. O.
Conerly, Philip, Mrs.
Mounger, B. O.
Boyd, W. T., Jr.
Sullivan, T. A.
Brock, L. W.
Conerly, James L.
Boyd, D. F.
Knippers, J. C.
Griffin, J. M.
Alford, Hebert W.
Johnson, Lawrence A.
Gartin, Carroll, 1913-1966
Smith, W. C.
Mitchell, W. H.
Katzenbach, Nicholas deB. (Nicholas deBelleville), 1922-2012
Goldwater, Barry M. (Barry Morris), 1909-1998
Howe, Mark De Wolfe, 1906-1967
Strickland, William, 1937-
King, Martin Luther, Jr., 1929-1968
Pearson, Drew, 1897-1969
Morris, John D.
Russell, Richard B. (Richard Brevard), 1897-1971
Vaughs, Cliff, 1937-2016
Celler, Emanuel, 1888-1981
Rooney, John J.
Murphy, John M.
Roosevelt, James, 1907-1991
Resnick, Joseph Y. (Joseph Yale), 1924-1969
Diggs, Charles C.
Conyers, John, Jr., 1929-2019
Albert, Carl Bert, 1908-2000
McClendon, B. B.
Lindsay, John V. (John Vliet)
Reid, Ogden R. (Ogden Rogers), 1925-2019
Morse, F. Bradford, 1921-1994
Conte, Silvio O.
Lee, Herbert, 1919-1961
Allen, Louis, 1919-1964
Evers, Medgar Wiley, 1925-1963
Chaney, James Earl, 1943-1964
Goodman, Andrew, 1943-1964
Schwerner, Michael Henry, 1939-1964
Walker, Prentiss, 1917-1998
Winstead, William Arthur, 1904-1995
Morey, Hunter, 1940-
Hyatt, Marjorie Rose
Wright, Marion A. (Marion Allan), 1894-1983
Turnbow, Hartman, 1905-1988
Humphrey, Hubert H. (Hubert Horatio), 1911-1978
- United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
United States, Mississippi, Amite County, 31.1744, -90.80443
United States, Mississippi, Hinds County, Jackson, 32.29876, -90.18481
United States, Mississippi, Warren County, Vicksburg, 32.35265, -90.87788
United States, New Jersey, 40.16706, -74.49987
United States, New Jersey, Atlantic County, Atlantic City, 39.36415, -74.42306
United States, New York, 43.00035, -75.4999
clippings (information artifacts)
minutes (administrative records)
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright to these documents belongs to the individuals who created them or the organizations for which they worked. The principal organizations have been defunct for many years and copyright to their unpublished records is uncertain. We share them here strictly for non-profit educational purposes. We have attempted to contact individuals who created personal papers of significant length or importance. Nearly all have generously permitted us to include their work. If you believe that you possess copyright to material included here, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Under the fair use provisions of the U.S. copyright law, teachers and students are free to reproduce any document for nonprofit classroom use. Commercial use of copyright-protected material is generally prohibited.
- Original Collection:
- Harry J. Bowie papers, 1964-1967; Archives Main Stacks, Mss 31 & Micro 928 (P82-2479), Box 2, Folder 3; WIHVB4585-A
- Contributing Institution:
- Wisconsin Historical Society