Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Freedom Summer Digital Collection
- Belfrage--Location file: Columbus, 1964, June-August (Sally Belfrage papers, 1962-1966; Historical Society Library Microforms Room, Micro 599, Reel 2, Segment 3)
- Belfrage, Sally, 1936-
- Date of Original:
Civil rights workers
Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party
Medical Committee for Human Rights (U.S.)
Clothing and dress
United States. Department of Justice
Mississippi State Penitentiary
National Lawyers Guild
Lawyers Constitutional Defense Committee (U.S.)
Council of Federated Organizations (U.S.)
United States. Federal Bureau of Investigation
Assault and battery
Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.)
Literacy tests (Election law)
United States. Civil Rights Act of 1964
Democratic Party (Miss.)
- Higson, Mike
King, Martin Luther, Jr., 1929-1968
Goodman, Andrew, 1943-1964
Chaney, James Earl, 1943-1964
Schwerner, Michael Henry, 1939-1964
Moses, Robert Parris
Mays, Early James
Jackson, James Edward
Sams, Joe, Jr.
Raybin, George Nims
Bernard, Joel, 1945-
Aronson, Henry M., 1935-
Bowen, John C.
Lobenthal, Joe, Jr.
Patterson, Joseph Turner, 1907-1969
Higgs, William L.
Propst, William J.
Wofford, J. I.
Johnson, James Richard
- United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
United States, Mississippi, Monroe County, Aberdeen, 33.82511, -88.54366
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright to these documents belongs to the individuals who created them or the organizations for which they worked. The principal organizations have been defunct for many years and copyright to their unpublished records is uncertain. We share them here strictly for non-profit educational purposes. We have attempted to contact individuals who created personal papers of significant length or importance. Nearly all have generously permitted us to include their work. If you believe that you possess copyright to material included here, please contact us at email@example.com. Under the fair use provisions of the U.S. copyright law, teachers and students are free to reproduce any document for nonprofit classroom use. Commercial use of copyright-protected material is generally prohibited.
- Original Collection:
- Sally Belfrage papers, 1962-1966; Historical Society Library Microforms Room, Micro 599, Reel 2, Segment 3; WIHV91-A140
- Contributing Institution:
- Wisconsin Historical Society