Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Freedom Summer Digital Collection
- Montgomery--SNCC: Black Power (Lucile Montgomery papers, 1963-1967; Historical Society Library Microforms Room, Micro 44, Reel 3, Segment 47)
- Montgomery, Lucile
- Date of Original:
- Voter registration
Vietnam War, 1961-1975
Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.)
Democratic National Convention (1964 : Atlantic City, N.J.)
Students for a Democratic Society (U.S.)
Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party
United States. Voting Rights Act of 1965
- Johnson, Lyndon B. (Lyndon Baines), 1908-1973
Bevel, James L. (James Luther), 1936-2008
Carmichael, Stokely, 1941-1998
Drake, St. Clair
Bond, Julian, 1940-2015
Hamer, Fannie Lou
Bennett, Lerone, Jr., 1928-2018
Elijah Muhammad, 1897-1975
Daley, Richard J., 1902-1976
Willis, Benjamin C.
Fulbright, J. William (James William), 1905-1995
Stewart, Potter, 1915-1985
Wilkins, Roy, 1901-1981
Minnis, Jack, 1926-2005
Garvey, Marcus, 1887-1940
X, Malcolm, 1925-1965
Du Bois, W. E. B. (William Edward Burghardt), 1868-1963
Robeson, Paul, 1898-1976
Powell, Adam Clayton, Jr., 1908-1972
Reese, F. D.
Lewis, P. L.
Pinchback, P. B. S.
Brooke, Edward W. (Edward William), 1919-2015
King, Seth S.
Killens, John O.
McKissick, Floyd B. (Floyd Bixler), 1922-1991
Cleage, Albert B., Jr., 1911-2000
Younge, Sammy, 1944-1966
Woodruff, G. W.
Woodruff, Robert W.
Anderson, Thomas G.
Folsom, Frank M.
Power, John Francis
Morrison, George L.
Lewis, E. P.
Leftwich, J. T.
Underwood, B. V.
Chaney, James Earl, 1943-1964
Goodman, Andrew, 1943-1964
Schwerner, Michael Henry, 1939-1964
- United States, Alabama, 32.75041, -86.75026
United States, California, 37.25022, -119.75126
United States, Georgia, 32.75042, -83.50018
United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, 10th Street, 33.7815644, -84.409161
United States, Illinois, 40.00032, -89.25037
United States, New Jersey, 40.16706, -74.49987
United States, Tennessee, 35.75035, -86.25027
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright to these documents belongs to the individuals who created them or the organizations for which they worked. The principal organizations have been defunct for many years and copyright to their unpublished records is uncertain. We share them here strictly for non-profit educational purposes. We have attempted to contact individuals who created personal papers of significant length or importance. Nearly all have generously permitted us to include their work. If you believe that you possess copyright to material included here, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Under the fair use provisions of the U.S. copyright law, teachers and students are free to reproduce any document for nonprofit classroom use. Commercial use of copyright-protected material is generally prohibited.
- Original Collection:
- Lucile Montgomery papers, 1963-1967; Historical Society Library Microforms Room, Micro 44, Reel 3, Segment 47; WIHVM4340-A
- Contributing Institution:
- Wisconsin Historical Society