Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Freedom Summer Digital Collection
- Montgomery--Highlander Education and Research Center (Lucile Montgomery papers, 1963-1967; Historical Society Library Microforms Room, Micro 44, Reel 1, Segment 7)
- Montgomery, Lucile
- Date of Original:
- Freedom schools
Highlander Research and Education Center (Knoxville, Tenn.)
Vietnam War, 1961-1975
Southern Student Organizing Committee (Nashville, Tenn.)
Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party
Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.)
Operation Freedom (Project)
Council of Federated Organizations (U.S.)
National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America
Southern Christian Leadership Conference
Voter Education Project (Southern Regional Council)
Students for a Democratic Society (U.S.)
National Association for the Advancement of Colored People
- Parr, Bob
Johnson, Lyndon B. (Lyndon Baines), 1908-1973
Horton, Myles, 1905-1990
Browne, C. Conrad
Moses, Robert Parris
Zinn, Howard, 1922-2010
Crowley, D. W.
Brazeal, B. R.
Liveright, A. A.
Cox, Courtland, 1941-
Forman, James, 1928-2005
Cobb, Charles E., Jr.
Samstein, Mendy, 1938-2007
Tillow, Walter M., 1940-
Morris, Jesse, 1941-2021
Smith, Benjamin Eugene
Rowe, F. R.
McKinnon, U. Z.
Hanson, Bruce, 1935-2019
Hamlett, Ed, 1939-
Smith, Frank, 1942-
Enright, J. T.
Young, Andrew, 1932-
Cotton, Dorothy F., 1930-2018
Reagon, Cordell Hull, 1943-1996
Hamer, Fannie Lou
Guyot, Lawrence, 1939-2012
Baker, Ella, 1903-1986
Seay, S. S.
Jones, Lewis W.
Sperry, Leonard, Mrs.
McNamara, Robert C., III
Battle, Randy, -2009
Harris, Joseph Lewis
Franklin, John Hope, 1915-2009
Adams, L. Emilie, 1941-
Hall, Prathia LauraAnn
Williams, Willie Clyde
Minnis, Jack, 1926-2005
Lawrence, Ida Mae
Rodgers, Dorothy Mae
Ayers, Beulah Mae
Humphries, Betty Jean
Chinnery, Lois A.
- United States, Alabama, 32.75041, -86.75026
United States, California, 37.25022, -119.75126
United States, Florida, 28.75054, -82.5001
United States, Georgia, 32.75042, -83.50018
United States, Georgia, Dougherty County, Albany, 31.57851, -84.15574
United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, 10th Street, 33.7815644, -84.409161
United States, Georgia, Sumter County, Americus, 32.07239, -84.23269
United States, Kentucky, 38.20042, -84.87762
United States, Massachusetts, 42.36565, -71.10832
United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
United States, Mississippi, Hinds County, Jackson, 32.29876, -90.18481
United States, New Jersey, 40.16706, -74.49987
United States, New York, 43.00035, -75.4999
United States, North Carolina, 35.50069, -80.00032
United States, Pennsylvania, 40.8, -77.7
United States, Pennsylvania, Philadelphia County, Philadelphia, 39.95233, -75.16379
United States, South Carolina, 34.00043, -81.00009
United States, Tennessee, 35.75035, -86.25027
United States, Vermont, 44.00034, -72.74983
minutes (administrative records)
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright to these documents belongs to the individuals who created them or the organizations for which they worked. The principal organizations have been defunct for many years and copyright to their unpublished records is uncertain. We share them here strictly for non-profit educational purposes. We have attempted to contact individuals who created personal papers of significant length or importance. Nearly all have generously permitted us to include their work. If you believe that you possess copyright to material included here, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Under the fair use provisions of the U.S. copyright law, teachers and students are free to reproduce any document for nonprofit classroom use. Commercial use of copyright-protected material is generally prohibited.
- Original Collection:
- Lucile Montgomery papers, 1963-1967; Historical Society Library Microforms Room, Micro 44, Reel 1, Segment 7; WIHVM4340-A
- Contributing Institution:
- Wisconsin Historical Society