Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Freedom Summer Digital Collection
- Montgomery--Indianola, Mississippi (Lucile Montgomery papers, 1963-1967; Historical Society Library Microforms Room, Micro 44, Reel 1, Segment 20)
- Montgomery, Lucile
- Date of Original:
Clothing and dress
Community Action Program (U.S.)
Head Start programs
United States. Department of Justice
Assault and battery
White Citizens councils
Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party
Child care services
Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.)
Council of Federated Organizations (U.S.)
United States. Voting Rights Act of 1965
Literacy tests (Election law)
United States. Federal Bureau of Investigation
Free Southern Theater
Mississippi State Penitentiary
Sterilization of women
- Brown, Otis, Jr.
Carmichael, Stokely, 1941-1998
Smith, Frank, 1942-
Scattergood, Charles, 1941-
Smith, Willie D.
Hills, Charles M.
Campbell, Cecil C.
Clayton, Claude F. (Claude Feemster), 1909-1969
Hamer, Fannie Lou
King, Annie Mae
Weeks, Marie R.
Johnson, Paul B., 1916-1985
Patterson, Joseph Turner, 1907-1969
Ladner, Herbert Austin, 1902-1989
Eastland, James O. (James Oliver), 1904-1986
Stavis, Morton, -1992
Smith, Benjamin Eugene
Waltzer, Bruce C., 1932-
Edwards, Leon P.
Strong, Annie Mae
Vaughs, Cliff, 1937-2016
Guyot, Lawrence, 1939-2012
Floyd, Curtis E.
Whitten, Jamie L.
Jones, J. Fred
Hough, John H.
Crook, Robert L.
Pierce, Clarence Albert
Johnson, Lyndon B. (Lyndon Baines), 1908-1973
Townsend, Eddie J.
- United States, Alabama, 32.75041, -86.75026
United States, California, 37.25022, -119.75126
United States, Illinois, 40.00032, -89.25037
United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
United States, Mississippi, Hinds County, Jackson, 32.29876, -90.18481
United States, Tennessee, 35.75035, -86.25027
United States, Wisconsin, 44.50024, -90.00041
clippings (information artifacts)
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright to these documents belongs to the individuals who created them or the organizations for which they worked. The principal organizations have been defunct for many years and copyright to their unpublished records is uncertain. We share them here strictly for non-profit educational purposes. We have attempted to contact individuals who created personal papers of significant length or importance. Nearly all have generously permitted us to include their work. If you believe that you possess copyright to material included here, please contact us at email@example.com. Under the fair use provisions of the U.S. copyright law, teachers and students are free to reproduce any document for nonprofit classroom use. Commercial use of copyright-protected material is generally prohibited.
- Original Collection:
- Lucile Montgomery papers, 1963-1967; Historical Society Library Microforms Room, Micro 44, Reel 1, Segment 20; WIHVM4340-A
- Contributing Institution:
- Wisconsin Historical Society