Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Freedom Summer Digital Collection
- Allen--Newspaper and magazine clippings, newsletters and reports, and 1964 correspondence (Pamela P. Allen papers, 1967-1974; Z: Accessions, M85-587, Folder 3)
- Allen, Pamela P., 1943-
- Date of Original:
- United States. Civil Rights Act of 1964
Democratic National Convention (1964 : Atlantic City, N.J.)
National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America
United States. Federal Bureau of Investigation
United States. Department of Justice
Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party
Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.)
Council of Federated Organizations (U.S.)
National Association for the Advancement of Colored People
- Humphrey, Hubert H. (Hubert Horatio), 1911-1978
Schwerner, Michael Henry, 1939-1964
Chaney, James Earl, 1943-1964
Goodman, Andrew, 1943-1964
Sarfaty, Dudley E.
Patch, Isaac, Jr.
Cantor, O. Edward
Gillard, Mary Lou
Parker, Stanley M.
Luckie, S. Blair
Javits, Jacob K. (Jacob Koppel), 1904-1986
Keating, Kenneth B. (Kenneth Barnard), 1900-1975
Sweeney, Thomas S.
Curtin, Willard S.
Dirksen, Everett McKinley
Clark, Joseph S.
Kennedy, Robert F., 1925-1968
Scranton, William Warren, 1917-2013
Johnson, Lyndon B. (Lyndon Baines), 1908-1973
Dulles, Allen, 1893-1969
Howe, Mark De Wolfe, 1906-1967
Drinan, Robert F.
Cadwallader, T. Sidney, II
Renninger, John S.
Kurtz, W. L., Mrs.
Stennis, John C. (John Cornelius), 1901-1995
Eastland, James O. (James Oliver), 1904-1986
Hamer, Fannie Lou
Smith, Benjamin Eugene
Crockett, George W.
Lawrence, David Leo, 1889-1966
Marshall, Burke, 1922-2003
Murphy, John L.
Luckie, Edward B.
Samuel, Ralph O.
Morse, Otis B.
Katzenbach, Nicholas deB. (Nicholas deBelleville), 1922-2012
White, Lee C., 1923-2013
McCormack, John W., 1891-1980
Reid, Ogden R. (Ogden Rogers), 1925-2019
Ryan, William F. (William Fitts), 1922-1972
Saltonstall, Leverett, 1892-1979
Osmers, Frank C., Jr.
Guyot, Lawrence, 1939-2012
Morton, Eric, 1934-2015
Bunche, Ralph J. (Ralph Johnson), 1904-1971
Wallace, George C. (George Corley), 1919-1998
King, Martin Luther, Jr., 1929-1968
- United States, Alabama, 32.75041, -86.75026
United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
United States, Mississippi, Hinds County, Jackson, 32.29876, -90.18481
United States, New Jersey, 40.16706, -74.49987
United States, New Jersey, Atlantic County, Atlantic City, 39.36415, -74.42306
United States, New York, 43.00035, -75.4999
United States, Ohio, 40.25034, -83.00018
United States, Pennsylvania, Philadelphia County, Philadelphia, 39.95233, -75.16379
clippings (information artifacts)
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright to these documents belongs to the individuals who created them or the organizations for which they worked. The principal organizations have been defunct for many years and copyright to their unpublished records is uncertain. We share them here strictly for non-profit educational purposes. We have attempted to contact individuals who created personal papers of significant length or importance. Nearly all have generously permitted us to include their work. If you believe that you possess copyright to material included here, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Under the fair use provisions of the U.S. copyright law, teachers and students are free to reproduce any document for nonprofit classroom use. Commercial use of copyright-protected material is generally prohibited.
- Original Collection:
- Pamela P. Allen papers, 1967-1974; Z: Accessions, M85-587, Folder 3; WIHVA490-A
- Contributing Institution:
- Wisconsin Historical Society