Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Freedom Summer Digital Collection
- Allen--Newspaper and magazine clippings, newsletters and reports, and 1964 correspondence (Pamela P. Allen papers, 1967-1974; Z: Accessions, M85-587, Folder 2)
- Allen, Pamela P., 1943-
- Date of Original:
- Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.)
Vietnam War, 1961-1975
Democratic National Convention (1964 : Atlantic City, N.J.)
Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party
Assault and battery
United States. Federal Bureau of Investigation
Free Southern Theater
Democratic Party (Miss.)
Congress of Racial Equality
Council of Federated Organizations (U.S.)
United States. Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Cummings, Peter
Scales, Charlie T.
Paul, John Lyon
Miles, Robert (Batesville, Miss.)
Hardy, John W.
Heininger, Edward K.
Ricks, Willie, 1943-
Schwerner, Michael Henry, 1939-1964
Goodman, Andrew, 1943-1964
Chaney, James Earl, 1943-1964
Hansen, Bill, 1939-
Weinberger, Eric H.
O'Neal, John, 1940-2019
Guyot, Lawrence, 1939-2012
Hamer, Fannie Lou
Henry, Aaron, 1922-1997
Featherstone, Ralph, 1939-1970
McCain, William D. (William David), 1907-1993
Sellers, Cleveland, 1944-
Rubin, Larry, 1942-
Aronson, Henry M., 1935-
Beard, Mattie M.
Johnson, Lyndon B. (Lyndon Baines), 1908-1973
Marshall, Burke, 1922-2003
Harris, Jesse, 1942-
Quin, Aylene, 1920-2001
Dean, J. T.
Simonson, H. C.
Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006
Evers, Medgar Wiley, 1925-1963
Crockett, Mary Ethel
Ayers, Beulah Mae
Foster, W. B.
Mulden, Rosie E.
Reaves, Naomi Normene
Evans, Annie B.
Clark, Gloria Xifaras, 1942-
Percell, J. K.
Washington, Freddie M.
Gray, Willie J.
Harris, Mary Frances
Murden, Rosie Ella
Poplar, Walter Lee
McKinnie, Early C.
Carpenter, J. H. (Billy)
Goldwater, Barry M. (Barry Morris), 1909-1998
Perry, M. C.
Quam, Paul, Mrs.
Carmichael, Stokely, 1941-1998
Humphrey, Hubert H. (Hubert Horatio), 1911-1978
- United States, Alabama, 32.75041, -86.75026
United States, Arkansas, 34.75037, -92.50044
United States, Georgia, 32.75042, -83.50018
United States, Georgia, Sumter County, Americus, 32.07239, -84.23269
United States, Minnesota, 46.25024, -94.25055
United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
United States, Mississippi, Hinds County, Jackson, 32.29876, -90.18481
United States, Mississippi, Neshoba County, 32.7535, -89.11757
United States, New York, 43.00035, -75.4999
United States, Pennsylvania, 40.8, -77.7
United States, Pennsylvania, Philadelphia County, Philadelphia, 39.95233, -75.16379
clippings (information artifacts)
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright to these documents belongs to the individuals who created them or the organizations for which they worked. The principal organizations have been defunct for many years and copyright to their unpublished records is uncertain. We share them here strictly for non-profit educational purposes. We have attempted to contact individuals who created personal papers of significant length or importance. Nearly all have generously permitted us to include their work. If you believe that you possess copyright to material included here, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Under the fair use provisions of the U.S. copyright law, teachers and students are free to reproduce any document for nonprofit classroom use. Commercial use of copyright-protected material is generally prohibited.
- Original Collection:
- Pamela P. Allen papers, 1967-1974; Z: Accessions, M85-587, Folder 2; WIHVA490-A
- Contributing Institution:
- Wisconsin Historical Society