Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Freedom Summer Digital Collection
- Poor People's Corporation--Correspondence, 1964, Mar. 10-1965, Dec. (Poor People's Corporation records, 1960-1967; Archives Main Stacks, MSS 172 Box 1, Folder 3)
- Poor People's Corporation
- Date of Original:
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People
Democratic National Convention (1964 : Atlantic City, N.J.)
Highlander Research and Education Center (Knoxville, Tenn.)
Discrimination in employment
Council of Federated Organizations (U.S.)
Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.)
Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party
Clothing and dress
National Sharecroppers' Fund (U.S.)
Mississippi Freedom Labor Union
Students for a Democratic Society (U.S.)
Congress of Racial Equality
Head Start programs
Southern Christian Leadership Conference
Ku Klux Klan
Poor Peoples' Corporation
- Morris, Jesse, 1941-2021
Eastland, James O. (James Oliver), 1904-1986
Hill, Herbert, 1924-2004
Carter, Robert L., 1917-2012
White, Joseph L.
Voorhis, Jerry, 1901-1984
Kurland, Norman G.
Moses, Robert Parris
Muste, A. J. (Abraham John), 1885-1967
Morton, Eric, 1934-2015
Redding, Louis L.
Shipp, Lou Emma
Keys, Mary Louise
Mitchell, H. L.
Setti, Leon A.
Jewett, Richard A.
Angell, Stephen L.
Horton, Myles, 1905-1990
Else, Jon, 1944-
Stavis, Morton, -1992
Smith, Scott B., Jr.
Block, Samuel T. (Samuel Theodore), 1939-2000
Lane, Mary (Civil rights worker)
Thomas, Art, Rev.
Browne, C. Conrad
Barnes, David H.
Strickland, William, 1937-
Anderson, R. J.
Brantley, Marshall, Jr.
Orr, Ruby L.
Cook, L. C.
Chandler, Maggie B.
Opton, Edward M. (Edward Milton), 1936-
Poole, Lee C.
Lenior, Lady B.
Miner, Jennings, Mrs.
Robinson, Betty Garman
Scruggs, J. E.
White, Frank S. W.
Derby, Doris Adelaide
Weinberger, Eric H.
Kushner, Samuel H., Mrs.
Leland, Wilfred C.
Wilson, Ora D.
Lederer, Sidonie K.
Adams, Frank T., 1934-
Vaughs, Cliff, 1937-2016
Haley, Richard (Civil rights worker)
- United States, Alabama, 32.75041, -86.75026
United States, Arkansas, 34.75037, -92.50044
United States, California, 37.25022, -119.75126
United States, Connecticut, 41.66704, -72.66648
United States, Florida, 28.75054, -82.5001
United States, Georgia, 32.75042, -83.50018
United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, 10th Street, 33.7815644, -84.409161
United States, Illinois, 40.00032, -89.25037
United States, Indiana, 40.00032, -86.25027
United States, Louisiana, 31.00047, -92.0004
United States, Massachusetts, 42.36565, -71.10832
United States, Michigan, 44.25029, -85.50033
United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
United States, Mississippi, Hinds County, Jackson, 32.29876, -90.18481
United States, New Jersey, 40.16706, -74.49987
United States, New York, 43.00035, -75.4999
United States, North Carolina, 35.50069, -80.00032
United States, North Carolina, Buncombe County, Asheville, 35.60095, -82.55402
United States, Oregon, 44.00013, -120.50139
United States, South Carolina, 34.00043, -81.00009
United States, Tennessee, 35.75035, -86.25027
United States, Texas, 31.25044, -99.25061
United States, Vermont, 44.00034, -72.74983
clippings (information artifacts)
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright to these documents belongs to the individuals who created them or the organizations for which they worked. The principal organizations have been defunct for many years and copyright to their unpublished records is uncertain. We share them here strictly for non-profit educational purposes. We have attempted to contact individuals who created personal papers of significant length or importance. Nearly all have generously permitted us to include their work. If you believe that you possess copyright to material included here, please contact us at email@example.com. Under the fair use provisions of the U.S. copyright law, teachers and students are free to reproduce any document for nonprofit classroom use. Commercial use of copyright-protected material is generally prohibited.
- Original Collection:
- Poor People's Corporation records, 1960-1967; Archives Main Stacks, MSS 172 Box 1, Folder 3; WIHVP1550-A
- Contributing Institution:
- Wisconsin Historical Society