Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Freedom Summer Digital Collection
- Robinson--Madison County, Mississippi, COFO staff minutes and reports, 1964-1965 (Jo Ann Ooiman Robinson papers, 1960-1966; Archives Main Stacks, Mss 191, Box 1, Folder 3)
- Robinson, Jo Ann, 1942-
- Date of Original:
- Mississippi Freedom Schools
Council of Federated Organizations (U.S.)
Congress of Racial Equality
United States. Voting Rights Act of 1965
Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party
Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.)
Clothing and dress
Operation Freedom (Project)
Republican Party (U.S.)
National Association for the Advancement of Colored People
National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America
American Friends Service Committee
United States. Civil Rights Act of 1964
United States. Department of Agriculture
Community Action Program (U.S.)
Madison County (Miss.)
Democratic Party (U.S.)
United States. Department of Justice
Assault and battery
United States. Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Henry, Aaron, 1922-1997
Ponder, Annell, 1932-2013
Bessey, Earl, III
Robinson, Jo Ann, 1942-
Stout, Robert Clyde
Wright, Nancy Louise
Raymond, George, 1943-
Crawford, Eartiss James
Chaffee, Lois Carroll, 1939-
Moses, Robert Parris
Smith, R. L. T. (Robert L. T.)
Harvey, Clarie Collins, 1916-1995
Pigee, Vera Mae
Stone, Robert John, 1919-
Evers, Charles, 1922-2020
Lynd, Theron C.
King, Edwin H.
Beckwith, Byron de la
Moore, Amzie, 1911-1982
Cobb, Charles E., Jr.
Lowenstein, Allard K.
Bromberg, Charney V.
Zimmerman, G. Dean
Sharp, Philip W.
Finger, Gregory H.
Langford, Ida Robideau
Noble, William B., 1924-1986
Campbell, L. Foote
Jewett, Richard A.
King, Martin Luther, Jr., 1929-1968
Chinn, C. O., 1919-1999
Hodges, Robert R.
Sullivan, C. W.
Triggs, D. L.
Branson, R. F.
Dewes, M. L., Jr.
James, Thomas L.
Cook, James A.
Harris, Bessie Louise
Boyd, Annie Lee
Douglas, Maggie Lee
Smith, Ruth Eva
Davis, Vinnie Mae
Washington, George, 1732-1799
Young, Jack H., Sr., 1908-
Thomas, Art, Rev.
McRee, James F., approximately 1919-
Howard, Houston James
Farmer, James L., Jr. (James Leonard), 1920-1999
Morey, Hunter, 1940-
Dennis, David J., Sr.
Guyot, Lawrence, 1939-2012
Lindsay, Merrill W. (Merrill Winston), 1911-
Smith, Frank, 1942-
Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006
Connor, Peggy Jean
Johnson, Paul B., 1916-1985
Morris, Jesse, 1941-2021
Hamer, Fannie Lou
- United States, Alabama, 32.75041, -86.75026
United States, Illinois, 40.00032, -89.25037
United States, Iowa, 42.00027, -93.50049
United States, Iowa, Story County, Ames, 42.03471, -93.61994
United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
United States, Mississippi, Forrest County, 31.18887, -89.25786
United States, Mississippi, Forrest County, Hattiesburg, 31.32712, -89.29034
United States, Mississippi, Hinds County, Jackson, 32.29876, -90.18481
United States, Mississippi, Lauderdale County, Meridian, 32.36431, -88.70366
United States, Mississippi, Madison County, 32.63466, -90.03376
United States, Mississippi, Montgomery County, Winona, 33.48207, -89.72814
United States, Mississippi, Panola County, Batesville, 34.3115, -89.94426
United States, Mississippi, Scott County, 32.40638, -89.53764
United States, Mississippi, Washington County, Greenville, 33.40898, -91.05978
United States, Pennsylvania, Philadelphia County, Philadelphia, 39.95233, -75.16379
United States, Tennessee, 35.75035, -86.25027
United States, Tennessee, Knox County, Knoxville, 35.96064, -83.92074
minutes (administrative records)
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright to these documents belongs to the individuals who created them or the organizations for which they worked. The principal organizations have been defunct for many years and copyright to their unpublished records is uncertain. We share them here strictly for non-profit educational purposes. We have attempted to contact individuals who created personal papers of significant length or importance. Nearly all have generously permitted us to include their work. If you believe that you possess copyright to material included here, please contact us at email@example.com. Under the fair use provisions of the U.S. copyright law, teachers and students are free to reproduce any document for nonprofit classroom use. Commercial use of copyright-protected material is generally prohibited.
- Original Collection:
- Jo Ann Ooiman Robinson papers, 1960-1966; Archives Main Stacks, Mss 191, Box 1, Folder 3; WIHVR1709-A
- Contributing Institution:
- Wisconsin Historical Society