- Freedom Summer Digital Collection
- Shirah--Civil rights material, 1961-1964, undated (Samuel C. Shirah, Jr., papers, 1961-1964; Archives Main Stacks, Mss 540, Box 1, Folder 2)
- Shirah, Samuel C., 1943-
- Date of Original:
- White Citizens councils
Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.)
United States. Department of Justice
Southern Conference Educational Fund
United States. Federal Bureau of Investigation
United States. Civil Rights Act of 1957
Assault and battery
Southern Christian Leadership Conference
Congress of Racial Equality
Alabama Christian Movement for Human Rights
United States. Congress. House. Committee on Un-American Activities
Students for a Democratic Society (U.S.)
Ku Klux Klan
United States. Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Gomillion, Charles G. (Charles Goode), 1900-1995
Horton, Myles, 1905-1990
Moses, Robert Parris
Silver, Ernest, Mrs.
Jones, Lewis W.
Block, Samuel T. (Samuel Theodore), 1939-2000
Travis, James, 1942-
Nash, Diane, 1938-
Bevel, James L. (James Luther), 1936-2008
Vivian, C. T.
King, Slater, 1927-1969
Lockett, Winston Henry
Henry, Aaron, 1922-1997
Holmes, Eleanor K.
Browne, C. Conrad
Brazeal, B. R.
Enright, J. T.
Lewis, John, 1940-2020
Long, Worth W.
Bond, Julian, 1940-2015
Shirah, Samuel C., 1943-
Kennedy, John F., Jr., 1960-1999
Evers, Medgar Wiley, 1925-1963
Moore, William, -1963
Cobb, Charles E., Jr.
King, Marion, 1932-2007
Dombrowski, James A. (James Anderson), 1897-1983
Smith, Benjamin Eugene
Waltzer, Bruce C., 1932-
Neblett, Carver, 1943-
Clark, Jim, 1922-2007
Forman, James, 1928-2005
Lingo, Albert J., 1910-
Zinn, Howard, 1922-2010
Kennedy, Robert F., 1925-1968
Belfrage, Sally, 1936-
Aiken, Archibald M., 1888-1971
Temple, C. Edward
Eastland, James O. (James Oliver), 1904-1986
Sourwine, J. G.
Pfister, James H.
Cooke, J. Bernard
McCarthy, Joseph, 1908-1957
Shuttlesworth, Fred L., 1922-2011
Jones, Ashton Bryan, 1896-1979
Connor, Eugene, 1897-1973
Diamond, Dion T., 1941-
Wallace, George C. (George Corley), 1919-1998
Braden, Carl, 1914-1975
Braden, Anne, 1924-2006
Henry, J. V.
Leigh, Sandy, 1934-
Guyot, Lawrence, 1939-2012
Smith, John Coventry
Baker, Ella, 1903-1986
Hamlett, Ed, 1939-
Johnson, Lyndon B. (Lyndon Baines), 1908-1973
Parker, Ron K.
Morris, Jesse, 1941-2021
Jones, James Wilson
Parrott, John S.
Bryant, Farris, 1914-2002
Reeves, Louis, Mrs.
Zellner, James A., Rev.
Silver, James W. (James Wesley), 1907-1988
Mathieson, John Ed
Beittel, Adam Daniel
Burlage, Robb, 1937-
Barry, Marion, 1936-2014
Curry, Constance, 1933-
Collins, Addie Mae, 1949-1963
Weinberger, Eric H.
- United States, Alabama, 32.75041, -86.75026
United States, Florida, 28.75054, -82.5001
United States, Georgia, 32.75042, -83.50018
United States, Georgia, Dougherty County, Albany, 31.57851, -84.15574
United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, 10th Street, 33.7815644, -84.409161
United States, Kentucky, 38.20042, -84.87762
United States, Louisiana, 31.00047, -92.0004
United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
United States, Mississippi, Amite County, 31.1744, -90.80443
United States, Mississippi, Hinds County, Jackson, 32.29876, -90.18481
United States, North Carolina, 35.50069, -80.00032
United States, South Carolina, 34.00043, -81.00009
United States, Tennessee, 35.75035, -86.25027
United States, Virginia, 37.54812, -77.44675
clippings (information artifacts)
minutes (administrative records)
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright to these documents belongs to the individuals who created them or the organizations for which they worked. The principal organizations have been defunct for many years and copyright to their unpublished records is uncertain. We share them here strictly for non-profit educational purposes. We have attempted to contact individuals who created personal papers of significant length or importance. Nearly all have generously permitted us to include their work. If you believe that you possess copyright to material included here, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Under the fair use provisions of the U.S. copyright law, teachers and students are free to reproduce any document for nonprofit classroom use. Commercial use of copyright-protected material is generally prohibited.
- Original Collection:
- Samuel C. Shirah, Jr., papers, 1961-1964; Archives Main Stacks, Mss 540, Box 1, Folder 2; WIHVS2640-A
- Contributing Institution:
- Wisconsin Historical Society