Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Freedom Summer Digital Collection
- SEDFRE--Legal Department files, Mississippi discrimination cases, 1964-1965 (Scholarship, Education and Defense Fund for Racial Equality records, 1944-1976; Archives Main Stacks, Mss 546, Box 45 Folder 23)
- Scholarship, Education and Defense Fund for Racial Equality
- Date of Original:
Council of Federated Organizations (U.S.)
Mississippi State Sovereignty Commission
National Lawyers Guild
United States. Congress. House. Committee on Un-American Activities
Congress of Racial Equality
United States. Federal Bureau of Investigation
Indians of North America
- Miller, Steve
Higgs, J. C.
Douglas, Nils R.
Collins, Robert F.
Elie, Lolis E.
Rosenthal, Len, 1940-
Pfeffer, Leo, 1910-1993
Smith, Benjamin Eugene
Weisman, Lawrence P.
Utt, James B. (James Boyd), 1899-1970
Colmer, William Meyers, 1890-1980
Crockett, George W.
Sims, W. L.
Wilson, Edmund A.
Johnston, Albert Sidney, Jr.
Cox, W. Harold (William Harold), 1901-
Morgan, J. A.
Logan, William E.
Allen, D. M.
Shupenko, Mary Ann
Hall, Carsie A.
Brown, Benjamin A.
Edelman, Marian Wright
Cox, Roy E.
Johnson, Paul B., 1916-1985
- United States, Massachusetts, 42.36565, -71.10832
United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
United States, Mississippi, Hinds County, Jackson, 32.29876, -90.18481
United States, Mississippi, Monroe County, Aberdeen, 33.82511, -88.54366
United States, Mississippi, Warren County, Vicksburg, 32.35265, -90.87788
United States, Pennsylvania, Philadelphia County, Philadelphia, 39.95233, -75.16379
- legal documents
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright to these documents belongs to the individuals who created them or the organizations for which they worked. The principal organizations have been defunct for many years and copyright to their unpublished records is uncertain. We share them here strictly for non-profit educational purposes. We have attempted to contact individuals who created personal papers of significant length or importance. Nearly all have generously permitted us to include their work. If you believe that you possess copyright to material included here, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Under the fair use provisions of the U.S. copyright law, teachers and students are free to reproduce any document for nonprofit classroom use. Commercial use of copyright-protected material is generally prohibited.
- Original Collection:
- Scholarship, Education and Defense Fund for Racial Equality records, 1944-1976; Archives Main Stacks, Mss 546, Box 45 Folder 23; WIHVS1140-A;
- Contributing Institution:
- Wisconsin Historical Society