Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Freedom Summer Digital Collection
- Zinn--Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee papers, administration, 1963-1965 (Howard Zinn papers, 1956-1994; Archives Main Stacks, Mss 588, Box 2, Folder 11)
- Zinn, Howard, 1922-
- Date of Original:
- Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.)
Medical Committee for Human Rights (U.S.)
United States. Department of Justice
Civil rights movement
Congress of Racial Equality
National Association for the Advancement of Colored People
Southern Christian Leadership Conference
Council of Federated Organizations (U.S.)
United States. Voting Rights Act of 1965
- Samstein, Mendy, 1938-2007
Day, Noel, 1933-
Moses, Robert Parris
Forman, James, 1928-2005
King, Slater, 1927-1969
Hall, Prathia LauraAnn
Hansen, Bill, 1939-
Sherrod, Charles, 1937-2022
Hughes, Stuart H.
Howe, Mark De Wolfe, 1906-1967
Good, Philip, Mrs.
Green, Jo Ane
Cohen, Sidney C.
Baker, Ella, 1903-1986
X, Malcolm, 1925-1965
Wilkins, Roy, 1901-1981
Farmer, James L., Jr. (James Leonard), 1920-1999
Lewis, John, 1940-2020
Richardson, Judy, 1944-
Simmons, Gwendolyn Zoharah
McKinnie, Lester G. (Lester Gene), 1940-
LaFayette, Bernard, Jr.
Barry, Marion, 1936-2014
Bond, Julian, 1940-2015
Robinson, Ruby Doris Smith, 1941-1967
Long, Worth W.
Harris, Donald (Donald Stuart)
Watkins, Hollis, 1941-
Jones, James Wilson
Harris, Jesse, 1942-
Hamer, Fannie Lou
Norman, Silas, 1941-
Carmichael, Stokely, 1941-1998
Palmer, Hazel T.
Blackwell, Unita, 1933-2019
Sellers, Cleveland, 1944-
Moore, Howard T., 1932-
Johnson, Lyndon B. (Lyndon Baines), 1908-1973
Vivian, C. T.
Michaels, Sheila Kessler
King, Mary E.
Vaughs, Cliff, 1937-2016
Robinson, Betty Garman
Leigh, Sandy, 1934-
Bolton, James E. H.
Edelman, Marian Wright
- United States, Arkansas, 34.75037, -92.50044
United States, Georgia, 32.75042, -83.50018
United States, Georgia, Dougherty County, Albany, 31.57851, -84.15574
United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, 10th Street, 33.7815644, -84.409161
United States, Illinois, 40.00032, -89.25037
United States, Massachusetts, 42.36565, -71.10832
United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
United States, New York, 43.00035, -75.4999
United States, Ohio, 40.25034, -83.00018
United States, Virginia, 37.54812, -77.44675
minutes (administrative records)
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright to these documents belongs to the individuals who created them or the organizations for which they worked. The principal organizations have been defunct for many years and copyright to their unpublished records is uncertain. We share them here strictly for non-profit educational purposes. We have attempted to contact individuals who created personal papers of significant length or importance. Nearly all have generously permitted us to include their work. If you believe that you possess copyright to material included here, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Under the fair use provisions of the U.S. copyright law, teachers and students are free to reproduce any document for nonprofit classroom use. Commercial use of copyright-protected material is generally prohibited.
- Original Collection:
- Howard Zinn papers, 1956-1994; Archives Main Stacks, Mss 588, Box 2, Folder 11; WIHVZ330-A
- Contributing Institution:
- Wisconsin Historical Society