Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Freedom Summer Digital Collection
- CORE Southern Regional Office--Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee, May 1964-August 1965 (Congress of Racial Equality. Southern Regional Office records, 1954-1966; Archives Main Stacks, Mss 85, Box 16, Folder 11)
- Congress of Racial Equality. Southern Regional Office
- Date of Original:
- White Citizens councils
Democratic National Convention (1964 : Atlantic City, N.J.)
Democratic Party (Miss.)
Vietnam War, 1961-1975
John Birch Society
Democratic Party (U.S.)
Mississippi State Sovereignty Commission
Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party
Southern Conference Educational Fund
United States. Civil Rights Act of 1964
National Association for the Advancement of Colored People
Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.)
United States. Voting Rights Act of 1965
Congress of Racial Equality
Southern Christian Leadership Conference
National Lawyers Guild
Ku Klux Klan
United States. Federal Bureau of Investigation
Council of Federated Organizations (U.S.)
United States. Department of Justice
Literacy tests (Election law)
Mississippi Student Union
Assault and battery
Republican Party (U.S.)
- Cabot, Paul C.
Cabot, Thomas D.
Wilson, R. B.
McMullan, W. P. (William Patrick)
Hearin, Robert M.
Johnson, Paul B., 1916-1985
Adam, Bidwell, 1894-
Walker, Edwin A. (Edwin Anderson), 1909-1993
Evans, M. Stanton (Medford Stanton), 1934-
Wallace, George C. (George Corley), 1919-1998
Rockefeller, Nelson A. (Nelson Aldrich), 1908-1979
Javits, Jacob K. (Jacob Koppel), 1904-1986
Warren, Earl, 1891-1974
Sillers, Walter, 1888-1966
Evans, Rowland, 1921-2001
Novak, Robert D.
Humphrey, Hubert H. (Hubert Horatio), 1911-1978
Johnson, Lyndon B. (Lyndon Baines), 1908-1973
Baker, Ella, 1903-1986
Moses, Robert Parris
Goldwater, Barry M. (Barry Morris), 1909-1998
Rauh, Joseph L., Jr., 1911-1992
King, Martin Luther, Jr., 1929-1968
Barnett, Ross R. (Ross Robert), 1898-1987
Marshall, Burke, 1922-2003
Forman, James, 1928-2005
Lewis, John, 1940-2020
Wilkins, Roy, 1901-1981
Higgs, William L.
Rustin, Bayard, 1912-1987
Ellender, Allen J.
Stavis, Morton, -1992
Robinson, Reginald, 1939-
Farmer, James L., Jr. (James Leonard), 1920-1999
Evers, Charles, 1922-2020
Shriver, Sargent, 1915-2011
Dean, J. P.
Roosevelt, James, 1907-1991
Ryan, William F. (William Fitts), 1922-1972
Albert, Carl Bert, 1908-2000
McCormack, John W., 1891-1980
Abernethy, Thomas Gerstle, 1903-1998
Whitten, Jamie L.
Williams, John Bell, 1918-1983
Colmer, William Meyers, 1890-1980
Walker, Prentiss, 1917-1998
Green, Edith, 1910-1987
Clark, Jim, 1922-2007
Chaze, William L.
Parker, F. A., Mrs.
Gartin, Carroll, 1913-1966
Moore, Edward P.
Pearson, Drew, 1897-1969
Patterson, Joseph Turner, 1907-1969
Rainey, Lawrence, 1923-2002
Price, Cecil Ray, 1938-2001
Winn, Bright, 1944-
Miles, Robert (Batesville, Miss.)
Duckworth, C. J.
Pittman, Edwin Lloyd, 1935-
Pittman, Claude F.
Perdew, John, 1941-
Coleman, J. P. (James Plemon), 1914-1991
Henry, Aaron, 1922-1997
Carver, George Washington, 1864?-1943
Washington, Booker T., 1856-1915
Brown, Edmund G. (Edmund Gerald), 1905-1996
Thurmond, Strom, 1902-2003
Alexander, Holmes, 1906-1985
Callaway, Howard H. (Howard Hollis), 1927-2014
Engelhard, C. W.
Minnis, Jack, 1926-2005
Rockefeller, David, 1915-2017
- United States, Alabama, 32.75041, -86.75026
United States, California, 37.25022, -119.75126
United States, Georgia, 32.75042, -83.50018
United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, 10th Street, 33.7815644, -84.409161
United States, Georgia, Sumter County, Americus, 32.07239, -84.23269
United States, Louisiana, 31.00047, -92.0004
United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
United States, Mississippi, Hinds County, Jackson, 32.29876, -90.18481
United States, Mississippi, Monroe County, Aberdeen, 33.82511, -88.54366
United States, Mississippi, Neshoba County, 32.7535, -89.11757
United States, Mississippi, Warren County, Vicksburg, 32.35265, -90.87788
United States, New Jersey, 40.16706, -74.49987
United States, New Jersey, Atlantic County, Atlantic City, 39.36415, -74.42306
- clippings (information artifacts)
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright to these documents belongs to the individuals who created them or the organizations for which they worked. The principal organizations have been defunct for many years and copyright to their unpublished records is uncertain. We share them here strictly for non-profit educational purposes. We have attempted to contact individuals who created personal papers of significant length or importance. Nearly all have generously permitted us to include their work. If you believe that you possess copyright to material included here, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Under the fair use provisions of the U.S. copyright law, teachers and students are free to reproduce any document for nonprofit classroom use. Commercial use of copyright-protected material is generally prohibited.
- Original Collection:
- Congress of Racial Equality. Southern Regional Office records, 1954-1966; Archives Main Stacks, Mss 85, Box 16, Folder 11; WIHVC239T-A
- Contributing Institution:
- Wisconsin Historical Society