Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Freedom Summer Digital Collection
- Lipsky--Holly Springs, 1964-1966 (Michael Lipsky and David J. Olson papers, 1935-1981; Archives Main Stacks, Mss 851, Box 1, Folder 5)
- Lipsky, Michael
- Date of Original:
Democratic National Convention (1964 : Atlantic City, N.J.)
Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party
Vietnam War, 1961-1975
Assault and battery
United States. Civil Rights Act of 1964
Council of Federated Organizations (U.S.)
Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.)
Clothing and dress
Mississippi Freedom Schools
United States. Department of Justice
Congress of Racial Equality
United States. Voting Rights Act of 1965
Students for a Democratic Society (U.S.)
Southern Christian Leadership Conference
Ku Klux Klan
Mississippi Freedom Labor Union
Republican Party (U.S.)
Democratic Party (Miss.)
Poor Peoples' Corporation
National Association for the Advancement of Colored People
Peace Corps (U.S.)
- Bress, Thomas
Sellers, Cleveland, 1944-
Rubin, Larry, 1942-
Aronson, Henry M., 1935-
Dahl, Kathleen Aileen
Dean, J. T.
Johnson, Lyndon B. (Lyndon Baines), 1908-1973
Reichbart, Joseph K.
Paige, L. B.
Ayers, Beulah Mae
Hamer, Fannie Lou
Goldwater, Barry M. (Barry Morris), 1909-1998
Whitten, Jamie L.
Frank, Peter J.
Farmer, James L., Jr. (James Leonard), 1920-1999
Steward, Ellie B.
Jones, James Wilson
Lewis, John, 1940-2020
Bond, Julian, 1940-2015
Moses, Robert Parris
Ricks, Willie, 1943-
Nunnally, Ulysses Z.
Jelinek, Donald A. (Lawyer)
Bronstein, Alvin J.
Till, Emmett, 1941-1955
Chaney, James Earl, 1943-1964
Goodman, Andrew, 1943-1964
Schwerner, Michael Henry, 1939-1964
Younge, Sammy, 1944-1966
Whitley, Clifton R.
Wilson, H. H.
Clark, Gloria Xifaras, 1942-
- United States, Arkansas, 34.75037, -92.50044
United States, Connecticut, 41.66704, -72.66648
United States, Georgia, 32.75042, -83.50018
United States, Georgia, Dougherty County, Albany, 31.57851, -84.15574
United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, 10th Street, 33.7815644, -84.409161
United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
United States, Mississippi, Hinds County, Jackson, 32.29876, -90.18481
United States, Mississippi, Monroe County, Aberdeen, 33.82511, -88.54366
United States, New Jersey, 40.16706, -74.49987
United States, New York, 43.00035, -75.4999
United States, Tennessee, 35.75035, -86.25027
United States, Virginia, 37.54812, -77.44675
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright to these documents belongs to the individuals who created them or the organizations for which they worked. The principal organizations have been defunct for many years and copyright to their unpublished records is uncertain. We share them here strictly for non-profit educational purposes. We have attempted to contact individuals who created personal papers of significant length or importance. Nearly all have generously permitted us to include their work. If you believe that you possess copyright to material included here, please contact us at email@example.com. Under the fair use provisions of the U.S. copyright law, teachers and students are free to reproduce any document for nonprofit classroom use. Commercial use of copyright-protected material is generally prohibited.
- Original Collection:
- Michael Lipsky and David J. Olson papers, 1935-1981; Archives Main Stacks, Mss 851, Box 1, Folder 5; WIHV91-A834
- Contributing Institution:
- Wisconsin Historical Society