Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Freedom Summer Digital Collection
- Werner--Assorted documents on Freedom Schools and the Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party (Hank Werner papers; Z: Accessions, M71-358, Box 1, Folder 5)
- Werner, Hank
- Date of Original:
Democratic National Convention (1964 : Atlantic City, N.J.)
Mississippi Freedom Schools
Council of Federated Organizations (U.S.)
Assault and battery
Free Southern Theater
Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party
Civil rights movement
Democratic Party (U.S.)
United States. Department of Justice
Democratic Party (Miss.)
White Citizens councils
Congress of Racial Equality
United States. Civil Rights Act of 1964
National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America
Ku Klux Klan
United States. Federal Bureau of Investigation
Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.)
Southern Christian Leadership Conference
National Association for the Advancement of Colored People
Republican Party (U.S.)
Medical Committee for Human Rights (U.S.)
Day care centers
- Schwerner, Michael Henry, 1939-1964
Goodman, Andrew, 1943-1964
Chaney, James Earl, 1943-1964
Cameron, John E., 1932-
Johnson, Lyndon B. (Lyndon Baines), 1908-1973
Kennedy, Robert F., 1925-1968
Moses, Robert Parris
Cobb, Charles E., Jr.
Samstein, Mendy, 1938-2007
Day, Noel, 1933-
Nelson, Gaylord, 1916-2005
Humphrey, Hubert H. (Hubert Horatio), 1911-1978
Green, Edith, 1910-1987
Reuss, Henry S.
Lewis, John, 1940-2020
Hamer, Fannie Lou
Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006
Henry, Aaron, 1922-1997
Whitten, Jamie L.
Guyot, Lawrence, 1939-2012
Smith, Steven L.
Luckett, Vernon O.
Thompson, Allen C. (Allen Cavett), 1906-1980
Rainey, Lawrence, 1923-2002
Doar, John, 1921-2014
Goodman, Robert, -1969
Schwerner, Nathan H., -1991
Javits, Jacob K. (Jacob Koppel), 1904-1986
Johnston, A. L.
Price, Cecil Ray, 1938-2001
McNair, Landy, 1943-
Raymond, George, 1943-
Farmer, James L., Jr. (James Leonard), 1920-1999
Goldwater, Barry M. (Barry Morris), 1909-1998
Houston, James Monroe
Williams, Robert Bell
Colmer, William Meyers, 1890-1980
Stennis, John C. (John Cornelius), 1901-1995
Lynd, Theron C.
Gerow, R. O.
Brown, Joyce (Freedom School student)
Silver, James W. (James Wesley), 1907-1988
Belafonte, Harry, 1927-
Baldwin, James, 1924-1987
Hughes, Langston, 1902-1967
Derby, Doris Adelaide
O'Neal, John, 1940-2019
Seeger, Pete, 1919-2014
Howe, Mark De Wolfe, 1906-1967
Drinan, Robert F.
Tillow, Walter M., 1940-
Ostrow, Robert W.
Forman, James, 1928-2005
Delaney, Hubert T.
Smith, Scott B., Jr.
Norman, Silas, 1941-
Morris, Jesse, 1941-2021
Featherstone, Ralph, 1939-1970
Adams, Jane (Jane H.)
Randolph, A. Philip (Asa Philip), 1889-1979
Griffin, Ida Ruth
Green, Andrew Lee
- United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
United States, Mississippi, Hinds County, Jackson, 32.29876, -90.18481
United States, Mississippi, Neshoba County, 32.7535, -89.11757
United States, Mississippi, Warren County, Vicksburg, 32.35265, -90.87788
United States, New Jersey, 40.16706, -74.49987
United States, New Jersey, Atlantic County, Atlantic City, 39.36415, -74.42306
United States, Ohio, 40.25034, -83.00018
United States, Pennsylvania, Philadelphia County, Philadelphia, 39.95233, -75.16379
United States, Wisconsin, 44.50024, -90.00041
minutes (administrative records)
clippings (information artifacts)
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright to these documents belongs to the individuals who created them or the organizations for which they worked. The principal organizations have been defunct for many years and copyright to their unpublished records is uncertain. We share them here strictly for non-profit educational purposes. We have attempted to contact individuals who created personal papers of significant length or importance. Nearly all have generously permitted us to include their work. If you believe that you possess copyright to material included here, please contact us at email@example.com. Under the fair use provisions of the U.S. copyright law, teachers and students are free to reproduce any document for nonprofit classroom use. Commercial use of copyright-protected material is generally prohibited.
- Original Collection:
- Hank Werner papers; Z: Accessions, M71-358, Box 1, Folder 5; WIHV86-A22
- Contributing Institution:
- Wisconsin Historical Society