Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Freedom Summer Digital Collection
- SEDFRE--Press Releases 1963-1966 (CORE) (Scholarship, Education and Defense Fund for Racial Equality records, 1944-1976; Archives Main Stacks, Mss 546, Box 31, Folder 16)Scholarship, Education and Defense Fund for Racial Equality records, 1944-1976; Archives Main Stacks, Mss 546, Box 31 Folder 16
- Scholarship, Education and Defense Fund for Racial Equality
- Date of Original:
- Congress of Racial Equality
Civil rights demonstrations
United States. Department of Justice
Democratic Party (Miss.)
National Association for the Advancement of Colored People
United States. Federal Bureau of Investigation
Assault and battery
Mississippi Freedom Schools
United States. Civil Rights Act of 1964
Ku Klux Klan
Students for a Democratic Society (U.S.)
Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party
- McLennan, James
Tate, James Hugh Joseph
Rizzo, Frank, 1920-1991
Goodman, Andrew, 1943-1964
Chaney, James Earl, 1943-1964
Schwerner, Michael Henry, 1939-1964
Johnson, Lyndon B. (Lyndon Baines), 1908-1973
Proctor, Richard, Jr.
Farmer, James L., Jr. (James Leonard), 1920-1999
Katzenbach, Nicholas deB. (Nicholas deBelleville), 1922-2012
Cox, W. Harold (William Harold), 1901-
Goldwater, Barry M. (Barry Morris), 1909-1998
Humphrey, Hubert H. (Hubert Horatio), 1911-1978
Williams, John Bell, 1918-1983
Walker, Johnnie Mae
Mendenhall, Edwin G.
Wiley, George A.
Haley, Richard (Civil rights worker)
Dennis, David J., Sr.
Willis, Benjamin C.
Barnett, Ross R. (Ross Robert), 1898-1987
Wright, Martha (Freedom Summer volunteer)
Raymond, George, 1943-
Simpson, Euvester, 1945-
Cocroft, M. Freeman (Mason Freeman)
Bender, Rita L.
Levy, Eva Newman
Schwerner, Nathan H., -1991
Goodman, Robert, -1969
Samuel, Ralph E.
Wescoe, W. Clarke
Sayers, Gale, 1943-
Cox, B. Elton (Benjamin Elton), 1931-2011
Wallace, George C. (George Corley), 1919-1998
Thompson, Queenie Esther
Gronouski, John A.
Moore, Ronnie M.
Carter, Joseph, Rev.
Calhoun, Willie Lee
Jackson, Jimmie Lee
Reeb, James, 1927-1965
Liuzzo, Viola, 1925-1965
- United States, Alabama, 32.75041, -86.75026
United States, California, 37.25022, -119.75126
United States, Florida, 28.75054, -82.5001
United States, Kansas, 38.50029, -98.50063
United States, Louisiana, 31.00047, -92.0004
United States, Massachusetts, 42.36565, -71.10832
United States, Michigan, 44.25029, -85.50033
United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
United States, Mississippi, Hinds County, Jackson, 32.29876, -90.18481
United States, Mississippi, Monroe County, Aberdeen, 33.82511, -88.54366
United States, Mississippi, Neshoba County, 32.7535, -89.11757
United States, Missouri, 38.25031, -92.50046
United States, New Jersey, 40.16706, -74.49987
United States, New York, 43.00035, -75.4999
United States, North Carolina, 35.50069, -80.00032
United States, Oklahoma, 35.49209, -97.50328
United States, Pennsylvania, 40.8, -77.7
United States, Pennsylvania, Philadelphia County, Philadelphia, 39.95233, -75.16379
United States, Rhode Island, 41.75038, -71.49978
- press releases
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright to these documents belongs to the individuals who created them or the organizations for which they worked. The principal organizations have been defunct for many years and copyright to their unpublished records is uncertain. We share them here strictly for non-profit educational purposes. We have attempted to contact individuals who created personal papers of significant length or importance. Nearly all have generously permitted us to include their work. If you believe that you possess copyright to material included here, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Under the fair use provisions of the U.S. copyright law, teachers and students are free to reproduce any document for nonprofit classroom use. Commercial use of copyright-protected material is generally prohibited.
- Original Collection:
- Scholarship, Education and Defense Fund for Racial Equality records, 1944-1976; Archives Main Stacks, Mss 546, Box 31, Folder 16; WIHVS1140-A;
- Contributing Institution:
- Wisconsin Historical Society